my higher power is finally driving my bus!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my higher power is finally driving my bus!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Finally after two years of fighting, hiding and moaning!!! My higher power which is Jesus , God, and the Holy Ghost as finally taken the steering wheel of my life bus!!!

I have had quite a ride on the bus when I was holding the steering wheel!!! I say this because my minister asked me if I was tired of driving the bus. I answered yes!!! He told me to hand the steering wheel over to God and let him drive. Then I would be able to enjoy the ride. I listened but still did not let him drive, I was so scared!!!

One night I was this form and someone said just throw your troubles in to the wind and let God take care of them. I thought how how great that would be. So I threw my troubles off my porch and into the wind. I also said, God I am tired of driving this bus thru insanity. Please take care of everything and thank you for giving me the rest I need.

Well, a lot has happen since that night. The lawyer has put in a refrain from order. This is not a restraining order but an order that he can not come here drunk, high on dope, yell, threaten me, beat me, or use bad language. The next step would be a restraining order. It has worked great. He has gotten his stuff out of here and has been very pleasant about it.

My kids are so please with me and so are his sisters. I have finally been able to harvest most of my crops which I could not do before because of the dope and alcohol. I have been able to ride my horses again without some one spooking them on purpose while I ride. I have even sold one horse in the last month. I can not believe how badly I was driving my life's bus!!!

Thank God I just said enough and have let God drive for a while. Frankly, I love the view from the passagers seat.

My love to you all!!! My thanks to yo all!!!

I know I have a really long row to hoe but it is getting better thanks to you all!!!

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful! I am so glad to hear that trusting God is working for you. I foud when I let go and let God, life got a lot better also.

Life will continue to get get better for you I am sure.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!

Whilst I do not call me HP God, I can sure relate to the concept of letting the chips fall where they may. So often, I get in the way of the natural order of things. Some (controlling) people in my life comment that I am far too passive these days, however I know that letting go and letting events unfold so often produces the best outcome for all concerned. Besides, I have much more time to smell the roses these days. And that's what counts, for me.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great share, Humming Bird! Thank you. Our pastor is doing a series on letting the Holy Spirit be our real-life companion. I have never understood the meaning of Holy Spirit until he explained it. Now I'm learning to recognize God's or my HP's or the Holy Spirit's presence in my life. No, it's not always there, but I'm learning to listen to that still, small voice more often. At first I equated it to my "real imaginary friend" sitting next to me. Then our Pastor told us we need to let that Spirit inside us, sort of to drive the bus as you are saying. I haven't quite left go of my death grip on the steering wheel, but I'm learning to allow another hand on the wheel so that I can enjoy the scenery a bit more. I also have a shelf that I put my troubles on so that my HP can work on them, and so I can take a break from the control. I don't do so well with trying to fix things anyway, so I'll let Him have a shot at it.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After we seperate ourselves from their chaos and crisis and we come to terms with the boredom of serenity......we realize that its not so boring after all and we rediscover just how grand life "was" before them and "is" once again. Its amazing to see that our old selves are really still inside of all of us and its like an old friend showing up at the door. Yup - I would say thats a HP at work alright.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is wonderful HB!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for you posts. I just hope I can be strong and keep my darn hands off that steering wheel.

My beautiful grandchildren are coming for a visit this weekend and I look forward to that. Life is so peaceful now without drugs and beer. Yes, I miss him but the peace here is just so great!!! "Peace, peace at last!!!"