Ironic Anniversary???

Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Exclamation Ironic Anniversary???

Tomorrow (yep-Halloween night) it will be 28 years to the day that I first laid eyes on exah. At a halloween party. At a bar. geez.......that should've given me a clue huh?!?

LOL!!! No Regrets!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today, October 30, is my Anniversary...remarried my first husband six years ago today. Best thing I have done in many years. We were married fourteen years the first time then this depressed/alcoholic woman wanted a divorce.

I soon found out that this was a big mistake!!!

He remarried before I did and we both divorced our spouses. So ten years passed before I moved back to where I am now. I had my own place until about July of '92 but we spent the weekends together. Then when my income was too high to stay in low-income housing I moved in with him but was still afraid of marriage..so was he.

We were both retired when we got married again...enjoy our retirement together!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prayers for u both. sentimental times for all.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Geez, I thought I was the only Halloween anniversary!! Tomorrow is 37 years, too bad ah has not been here for the last four. He is rapidly spiraling down, down , down with his agf.
Last week I got home to find a golf cart in my driveway with a Happy Anniversary note. Ah saved it from the auctions when he lost his business. I went to see him to thank him for it, he ended up coming home for a couple of hours, the most time he has spent with me in almost 4 years.
He has gotten so different...I definately noticed a defensive barrier all around him. He finally noticed after all this time that I had lost weight...weird, huh?? But, sadly I know that this man is not my husband. I will keep concentrating on myself and what is left of my family, and pray that someday, the man I knew will become his old self again.
After I saw him, I realized that I have come a long way, my greatest accomplishment being sober for 2 years, 5 months and 2 days. Hopefully I can continue to get better, a little each day. I think sometimes I am way too hard on myself, I'm just an old fashioned girl in a world that goes way too fast for me now. My biggest problem is the lonliness, especially with winter coming on. I may take up snow shoeing with my grand kids to get out and enjoy the snow....that should be real interesting, I'll have to make sure no one has a camera!!!