Notices

Tell us something about YOU!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Tell us something about YOU!

lots of new folks around here!

time to start the "tell us something about you we wouldn't know if we didn't ask" thread..or whatever that thread is called.

ok. me first. my name is k, i'm a codependent mom and i like to go to the beach and collect rocks.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am Pamm aka Momma Katz...I am a double addicted addict( does that sound right?) and alcoholic, I have 2 dogs and a kitten and pregnant due in April.........and I must admit being here with sober recovery has saved my life, several times eh parent?

I love to cook and am currently working on publishing a cook book for single diabetics.......lol

Don't ask why newbies, but it has spam in it...........lol
:ghug3 welcome and get to a meeting or two..........they help!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

My name is Anna. I studied neuroscience for two years before leaving school to deal with recovery, and my dream is to work for Google someday.

I work in a kitchen store and as a result I know tons about cooking, but I don't cook.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My name is Angie from Minnesota you betcha!

I am an avid ghost hunter and I love storms. I would love to take a storm chasers trip someday!! Love scary Movies old and new!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread, K!

My name is Rowan - I have two dogs and two cats, love to hike and spend time with my daughter and menagerie of pets.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Great thread Miss. K!

My name is Rella-I love to cook, going on long nature walks, horse back riding, skiing and spending time with my little furry child! And I love recovery!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Yay - I get to talk about myself again! My favorite subject! Haha just kidding. My name is Erika. Im 32. I live in central Wisconsin. I am a single mother of 14 and 15 year old boys and am a medical transcriptionist who works at home and a waitress right now on the weekends. I have 3 cats and a dog....which is probably why I will never find a man, LOL! Oh, and Im a binge-drinker. Or was. Haha.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Okay, I am Martin, I have 6 kids (I got fixed after the twins!LOL), 6 grandkids with 2 more in the works. I hunt and fish, I am a systems analyst who is a goverment contractor. Busy but boring! Oh yea my wife has 5 dogs, 5 cats, 3 tropical birds, 3 anoles, & some fish!!!! ZOO!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This is very interesting.

My name is George. I am a young retiree with a lovely wife and a 5 month old puppy named Fred. I am currently learning to love life sober.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My name is Dawn, I am a mother of two, a wife of 20 years, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I love the martial arts, spending time with my children, reading a good trashy novel and I love the internet!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I'm Odaat and I'm starting voluntary work in a few weeks (just one afternoon a week at first). I've been out of the real world for a long time, and I'm terrified! I've also been the youngest member of every meeting I've attended. I avoided life/emotions from the ages of 11 to 20 with various things - alcohol, food, relationships, drugs, self-harm etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi!!

I am Helen from Eastern Washington State. I am a recovering alcoholic with chronic depression. I have been sober 19 years and love Sober Life!!!!

My husband and I have a Terrier (short-hair) & an Airedale. We love our dogs and they run the house...so fun!

We have five children...all grown adults and six grandchildren. This is a yours, ours, & mine family.

kelsh
Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My name is Annie I am French and live near to Spain. I've got four children all grown up. I have one son with bipolar a daughter with bipolar and fragile x syndrome, one "normal" son and a son with fragile x and a mental age of three years old. I am with my partner of 23 years. We keep bee's, chickens, ducks and have 7 dogs and 8 cats...keeps me busy and my mind off drink/drugs. I love being clean and sober, oh and one of my bichon's is expecting pups any day now. I have one grandaughter and two adopted grandsons.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

My name is Will G. never married, no children, single but I have a loving friend with benefits, one lovely cat, living near the coast in Ventura County California, disabled on SSI. I’m also an Artist and like to take walks out on the local pier and out on beach to collect drift wood along the shore.

:Wgla

Last edited by Zencat; 10-30-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: ops
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living on a prayer

Hi! I'm a 35 year old married mom to 4. I home school our youngest 2. I transfer addictions, and am working hard to NOT do it again now that I'm sober! That would be why I just threw out the rest of my bagels, chips, and caramel popcorn today.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My names Dave,married 14 years with two kids.My daughter is 13 and my son is 9.Both are angels(ha ha),and we have 1 dog,3 cats ,fish and frogs.We live in south east England,and i am part English,part American,part Irish,part Scottish and a little bit Indian as well(no wonder i'm confused).
Old 10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi I am Tanya and a recovering pill head. I am still in shock that I am still sober. I am happily married, have a grown step daughter and a dog named Allie. She is a beagle and rules our home. I am in school to be a chemical dependency counselor. Life is good.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Free!

my name is craig i love to scuba dive and will more now that i am spending less time and money getting loaded!! i live los angeles...wanna go diving? PM me!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Hi I'm Heather (my exbf was the A in my life), I live in Boston and yes we did it again! World Series twice in a decade!!!! I have a cockatiel Molly and a parrot Charlie, they are worse than children, Charlie has learned to say "Sup" when we walk in the room!!! Never been married, no kids yet! I live for the beach and am tan year round lol!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am Don and I am a recovering drunk. I own my own ERP software consulting practice, and I collect fossils, and I love to fish! My biggest fish so far is a 225# Thresher Shark, and I get a kick out of catching a species of fish I have never caught before. So far I have caught over 100 different species of fish.