Notices

first step to tryin to quit

Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pat

first step to tryin to quit

Im new to this, this is the first time im actually admitting to myself that i really have a problem and it needs to be fixed or else my life is just goin to fall apart more than it already has. Ive ignored all the signs for way to long and just used drugs to forget about them and convince myself i am fine time after time. but lets face it im not fine or anything near it, i cant hold a steady job, im depressed all the time, my anxiety is getting worse and worse everyday. I started off smoking weed on the weekends in about 9th grade and i was fine for a long time. Slowly it ended up being an everyday thing until i wanted to experience a new high and feel different, and weed just wasnt cutting it no matter how much i smoked. Slowly but surely i moved onto tryin all types of pills, ( they never really interested me much), only did them sparingly with some smoking and drinking sometimes, i tried acid a few times, but latley over the past 2 months every weekend, ive been doin alot of coke just on the weekends, but alot of it at a time, ive seen one of myt best friends almost loose it to coke, so something snapped and it scared me i cant be doing this **** anymore, it makes me feel better at the time, but now i just sit and think what the hell am i doing anymore, i need some help with getting back on track and any feedback would be much appreciated as this is goin to be really hard to do i think. i would love to just stop it all and maybe have a drink every so often as i never had a problem with drinking i rarley ever drink and i dont even like it much. but if anyone could help me with some advice itd be great.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

Hello finch glad to meet you……advice? Well first you are here, keep coming back…to check in if you can…something to look forward to, meet and speak with folks like yourself..…..next, though I am new to recovery etc…..I know I need a sppt. grp. I can use face to face…..I go to AA….perhaps you would consider grp. Sppt? ……(?)..In any event you appear to be honest with yourself, you have an issue…stay focused and stay honest ……
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery community - I'm glad you decided to post. That's a great first step.

Have you given some consideration to attending rehab? NA? Just a couple of questions to get you started.

I'm an alkie and pill addict - been clean and sober 15 months now - never thought I could do this.

Stick around - and keep posting. This is a very caring and active community - others will be along SOON to say hi and to offer some strength.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pat

thanks man ill be sure to check back in and what not, i didnt know what i meant by grp? or all that tho haha ?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pat

na i havent tried rehab yet, i dont really have the money to do so at the moment and i would rather try and use that as a last resort
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

Hey finch, I'm new at this too. ^^ As was said to me when I joined a few days ago, it's great to clean up when you're as young as we are.

Grp, I think, ="group." NA, AA, things like that.

Good luck, and see you around.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pat

yea man hope to here more from you let me know how your doin with all of it , im deffenitly tryin to quit this stuff before i get any older tho
Old 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!

I suggest you find an NA meeting
and stay connected to us too.

Glad you are here
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Finch,

You have found a good place to get a lot of support. We have all experienced the ups and downs of addiction and recovery.

You say you mostly do coke now..but that you don't have a problem with alcohol. I have found in my research for help that a drug is a drug is a drug...so alcohol might work for a while but most likely you would increase the amount you drank accordingly
to how high you want to get until it is also a problem. :beerchug:

Please keep coming back, ask questions, and post as often as you like.

kelsh
Old 10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pat

no i know that, i really dont like alcohol at all never craved it just dont like it overall, but its the only legal thing, im just talkin future... if i get over all this i wouldnt mind having the occasional drink here and there with some friends, appreciate the support tho
Old 10-29-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Worry about what you need to do now. The future is not here yet.

I am glad you found us.

Welcome to SR!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Pat

yea i wasnt worrying about it or thinking about it , i was just stating an example but anyone have any input on how to go through with this, what to do tostart it, what to do to keep me off of it? today was the first day of being sober in who knows how long over a year deffenitly, just lookin for some input on what i can do prefferably someone my age and maybe somewhat of a similar situation, thanks tho