my baby died

Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my baby died

i am sad today,my baby died. she may have been just a bird to alot of people but she was my baby. she was a blue & white parakette named jangles. i had her a little over 3yrs. she was my 1st baby & i am going to miss her. i took her to the vet 3 wks. ago because i noticed she has a lump in her chest & her beak had grown so long.the vet trimmed her beak & said she had liver problems, that was why her beak had grown. the lump was a tumor.she could not operate because jangles was so fragile & said it was a matter of time.i uncovered her this morning & she was on the bottom of her house.she fluttered her wings twice & that was it. she was so tamed & so sweet. she brought me lots of joy.her brother,sally(another parakette) & sister, peaches(love bird) is going to miss her. each one is special with there own personalitys.i am just sad.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

storm,that is just beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. thank you for this.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I understand.
My oldest son brought home one of those spanish fighting fish in a tiny bowl that his teacher had given him for Christmas one year.
Well, I said that the fish won't live in a tiny bowl like that for long, and I wound up buying a 10 gallon tank and all the fixin's for it to live in.
Over time, this fish became my favorite little wonder pet.
When his time came, I was so upset I cried for days.
He was just a tiny fish. But he was a living creature that I had cared 2 years for and he meant a lot to me. He was beautiful.

I am sorry you lost your little baby.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about Jangles death. I know how much happiness our pets have brought us over the years. Prayers and hugs to you this morning.
I also really enjoyed Storms Rainbow bridge. Thanks Storm
Old 10-27-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Hope)))
It makes me think of my own little bird I lost years ago, he too, was blue and white, and could talk a blue streak, always telling the dog to "Sit down!"

Hugs to you on this day of sadness,
Old 10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope -

I am so sorry. As an animal lover, I know it was not "just a bird" - they truly are our babies.

Sending you extra hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I was young we had two parakeets, a blue and white one named Sailor and a green and white one named Tony. My dad taught them how to swear and we kids thought it was so funny. I am sorry that you have lost your beloved pet. Sending hugs to help with the hurt. Marle
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm so sorry Hope. They aren't just pets, they're family.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sorry that you lost your pet, that's hard. hugs, k
Old 10-27-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh Hope I'm so sorry. Every pet is special. I am a bird lover as well.
Hugs,
Diane
Old 10-27-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

We put all of ourselves into our love for our animal friends, and they ask for so little of us in return. Truly unconditional loving.

((((hope)))))
Old 10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you lost your little precious bird. I have never had a bird but now I have a small Terrier that is so special to me. I get so much joy and understanding from her. She senses when I am happy or sad.

Last week she & her partner in crime got out of the backyard. The gate hadn't been fastened right so the Airedale pulled it open enough for them to get out. I was out looking for them at 10 PM just in my nightgown and robe. My husband finally came to get me in the truck and when we got home one came from one direction and the other from another direction. It was just like having a small child missing to me.

kelsh :praying
Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a bird lover from way back and I understand how much your friend means to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lots of love, DOnna
Old 10-27-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hope, I am sorry for your loss! I too have birds and I love them like children.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aw Hope I'm sorry. I never had a bird as a pet, although my exh was a falconer and we had a red-tailed hawk for awhile.

Animals teach us a lot about ourselves and about other people as well. Me? I don't trust people who don't love animals.

HUGS
Catgs
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

No words ......... just a great big ol' warm hug

Passion
Old 10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am so sorry, here is a little story I would like to share with you:

As a child we had parakeets, my Mom had Bobby, my Grandmother had Hansie...both were great talkers and so very sweet.

I was staying with my grandparents at their summer cottage, Hansie flew out the door, my Grandmother was devestated, we called out his name over and over again, we looked for Hansie...no luck, we finally went to bed.

The next day my Grandparents went to the store, I stayed at the cottage and went down to the pier to swim with my friends, the pier was 1 block from our cottage, I swam and got out of the water and sat on the bench, drying off....next thing I see is Hansie flying around my head, then he lands on my shoulder...I stand up and talk to him all the way back to the cottage, he stays on my shoulder, I put him back in his cage....and an hour later my Grandmother comes home, her Hansie is back, she cries, she is so happy and can't believe it...nor can I...Hansie heard my voice on the pier and had complete trust in me...I was so proud, my friend returned.

Several years later Bobby and Hansie were in the same cage, Hansie dropped to the bottom of the cage, there was Bobby trying to pick him up....he couldn't do it, Hansie was gone.

We all cried and shared our happy times with Hansie, he was a sweetie and lived for 8 years,Bobbie died 1 year later, we mourned and again shared our stories of their lives, ones that we were blessed to share.

The moral of my little story, reflect in happiness in the time you and your baby had together, no one can take that away from you, it's yours to cherish all your life.

I send hugs from Hansie, Bobby and me too!

Dolly
Old 10-27-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Just s you know.. when I was a little kid.. before I started school.. we had a blue and white Budgey.. parakeet.. tneamed "Tweety." He would walk on you and sometimes we let him free in the house. He was so special.

I recall the day he died.. it was the first thing I ever saw dead that was a part of my life.

It is OK.. you know Hope.. Jangles crossed that rainbow bridge and you will be with her someday.
My idea of heaven is a place where we can all communicate with our animals. There is bright green grass and flowers and beautiful clear streams. It is never too hot or too humid or too dry ot too cold.. it is just a perfect place with the ever present gurgle of those streams and the sweet smell of good grass .. and all our animals. Every one of them.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

HOPE,
I'm so sorry about your loss!! You said goodbye to a good friend today. That's so sad. I put my dog down this summer due to a 10lb tumor. There was such a trust between us. I knew what he was like. He knew what I was like. We kept each other company. It's a special relationship.

My mom wrote the book, literally, on raising birds. We've had every kind of local wild bird imaginable from the nest with no feathers. My favorite was the pheasant - Mr. Peepers. He peeped night and day looking for his "real" mom who'd been hit by a car. Finally we put a feather duster in his cage and he ran underneath and fell fast asleep. I like to think that's the ultimate in comfort.

I'm sure Jangles lived a good, long life in just that kind of comfort. What more could he ask for?

My heart goes out to you!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
cmc

****{hope}}}}
I'm sorry you're so sad and missing your little pet.