?? about AA meetings

Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

?? about AA meetings

AD called last night and sounded pecliar, weird. I asked if she was OK, she says "yes, I'm OK. Just don't know where I am in my mind". A couple of hours later she called back, fine, said she had been thinking about the lesson as it seemed just about her.:wtf2

What does this mean? How can she not know where she is in her mind after a meeting. I always feel relaxed and hopeful after mine. Is this just the way she deals and thinks?

Thanks for any input and help for me to understand,
susan
Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like she heard something at the meeting that she needed to hear?

My abf sometimes comes back from meetings a little agitated. It's hard to hear the truth - especially when you are trying to avoid it.

I wouldn't worry about it.
HUGS
Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know for me, sometimes when something impacts me in a way I didn't expect or makes me look at my actions that it jumbles me up sometimes. Especially when its something I didn't particular want to hear or a change I really need to make but have been putting off.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I get "God Shots" all the time.... and often about stuff I didn't even think was linked to "addiction".

I agree she heard something she needed to hear. It sounds like she is not ready to share that with anyone, yet. And even if she does, it may not make sense to anyone but her. That is how they work. But what I know from experience, those words that trigger me... do so for a reason, aren't always nice and comfortable and almost always allows me some growth.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sounds like she's feeling again, susan. that's a blessing. hugs, k
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Susan,
I'm glad she is going to meetings. Sounds like some things are unfolding. This could be a good thing. Sometimes when these types of things happen it really strikes a nerve but that is not necessarily bad......it obviously got her to thinking deep. I can only think that she will grow from what is coming to the surface.

Hugs...........Lo
Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Susan -

I agree with everyone else...sounds like she is probably learning more about herself, and sometimes that's pretty darn uncomfortable.

If she's like me, what she's learning isn't all about addiction. Once I "got it" - okay, I'm an addict, I can't use, then I found out I had to change my way about thinking about a lot of other stuff. Like now, I always KNEW I was a codie, today I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Think about when you first found out she was an addict. As a mom, your first instinct was probably to do everything you could to "save" her. I can imagine when you first heard "hands off the addict" that was against everything you believed in.

I'm thinking she's just been confronted with something that is making her think. And considering that she is in a place where she has a lot of support, and she is calling you, I think this is a positive thing.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy