Hi Everyone.....

Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.....

Thought I should check in and let everyone know that I am doing OK. We have been on an even keel here for a bit, the boys not giving me to much trouble. The youngest is skipping a lot of classes, so we have been having some words over that.
The oldest is finished school now and working full time, I told him that he has to pay room and board $400 a month, that didn't go over to well, but he almost makes what I do with no expenses....he is coming 19...its time. Living else where is going to cost him way more than what I am going to charge him.

I am still dating the same fellow and really enjoying the time.

My exah is back behind bars for the gas robbery, he has been in jail for a month now and was just sentenced on Monday for 2 more months....being released Dec 1....not much time for a 4th robbery. I have to shake my head. Would have been nice if he was in over Christmas.

I have a knew lawyer now, we should be in court within 3 weeks even with exah in jail, I have no idea how the judge will divide the house, but after court I am putting the house up for sale, I really don't want to be here anymore. So at this point I am painting the whole inside of the house getting it ready. It is a big job and feels like you are getting know where....what a mess.

Rose
Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rose -

Glad to see things are looking up for you. I'm an RA, waaaaay older than your son, but living with my dad, stepmom and 14-year-old niece because of the consequences I brought on myself when I was active.

I pay my dad $100/week and it helps me in several ways - I feel like I am contributing to the family (we're actually more like friends/roommates that happen to be related now) and it helps me feel like I'm becoming a responsible adult again. And you're right....it would cost a whole lot more if he were living elsewhere. Hopefully, he will feel the same way when he gets used to it.

Keep us updated and keep up the good work of taking care of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rose, It sounds like you are doing well. It is nice when we can let go of some of the chaos. When I was young, I helped my parents with rent when I would move back home. I soon found that I liked being independent and moved into my own place. Maybe your son will too. That is not a bad thing and in the meantime, you can use the help. Good for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-25-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rose,
I'm glad things are going well for you, you deserve them to. Your son will find out soon enough what you are asking him to pay is not much at all. It will help you in many ways. If you don't need to use it for bills, why not put it in the bank and take a real nice vacation with the money. This way you are doing more good for you.
Keep us posted it is sure good to hear good news.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Glad you are doing well. Sorry youngest is still giving trouble.. I don't know how to get thru to a kid that his shot at having a really good income is increased a LOT by doing well in school and going to college.

Painting a house is a lot of work. I have done this.. and done it professionally as well.

Sounds like you have a plan and a life of your own. Keep up the great job!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the update.you sound as if you are getting it together. i am glad for all of this. i see u r still setting boundries.it is good that u r charging your son rent.it teaches responsablity.keep coming back & letting us know how it is going.it is good to hear from you & hear good news.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Rose, I am sorry I havent been visiting this board to much bit I was thinking of you the other day and I am SOOOO happy things are going well for you. Thanks for the update and wow it finally seems things are coming together for you. Rpose you deserve it and have been through so much.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's good to hear from you Rose and I am glad you are moving forward with your life, you deserve so much happiness.

I'll lend you my steel toed bunny slippers if you like, to teach your son a lesson.

Don't be a stranger, I think of you often and care.

Hugs
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi Rose! It's so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the update and I hope the issues with selling the house go smoothly. Despite the problems you mentioned, you seem so settled into your recovery. I'm happy for you.

cmc
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im happy everything is going good with u!! enjoy life!!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Oh Rose! I can see how your life is changing for the better. This time is just clean up time.
Then, you will be on your way to a much better life. Well, actually you already are!!
Yay for you!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Rose!
Good gravy, I've missed you.
Glad to hear it sounds like things are running somewhat smoothly on your end.

And real glad to hear your enjoying your Mr. Friend....

Post more often Rose,
don't be a stranger!

Hugs,
Old 10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rose...So glad things are going well and that there will be some finality soon. Holding firm with your son is terrific. Keep enjoying life and stop in when you can! Hugs