Notices

Day 6

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Day 6

Day 6, doesn't sound like much, but guess it is, cuz I still am planning on NOT drinking, which on other day 6's, I planned on not drinking "too much."

I changed my myspace profile to say "don't drink." Sounds dumb, but thats big!

The guy in my other thread, that I thought "raped" me last week, has called me. We sort of made up, it was me being psycho, and since he forgave me, we decided to try being "friends." I told him I quit drinking after that night. Then he called me a couple days later on his way to the bar and asked what I was doing that night. I said "I dont drink anymore, remember?" I have never really said that before.

Today is my appt with an alcohol counselor at 3:00. I heard she is "tough." That will be good for me.

Not sure if everyone here knows my situation, but I have 2 boys, ages 13 and 14 (14 and 15 in the next 2 months). I also have had my 92-year-old grandmother living with me for the past 2 months. It has been really hard as she has dementia, incontinence, and needs basically 24-hour care. She gets up several times and night, needs help going to the bathroom, needs all her meals and snacks made, all that stuff. It has been stressful, but I have never been a drinker cuz of stress. ANYway, I think life is taking turn for the better. she is going to an assisted living facility this week. She is happy and I am very happy, sad to say. But now I can stop being a caregiver and start being a granddaughter again.

My son has mental issues also, but has been a bit better lately. However, last night he *freaked* out (didn't take his medicine and I interrupted an "important" phone call." He broke his phone, broke the basement ceiling, called me "f'ing b**** " countless times. He saw my AA book and cut on me for that. Anyway, that is all better this morning, so am feeling much better.

Wow, this is long-winded - sorry! Just venting/thinking to myself.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep making positive changes, wiscgirl. and screen out that guy's calls...you don't need any "drinkin buddies" right now?

hugs, k
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

hang in there wisc....you can do it...I will pray for you...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

best wishes Wiscgirl!! good luck with the counselor....i'm glad you are going
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm happy you're hanging on their.
Immagine how hard it would be to cope properly if you were drinking. It can only get better!
In regards to your grandmother, and old people in general, (my grandparents live nearby and they're not very well sometimes either, so I go visit them everyday and do their errands and stuff) i think that when we were kids they'd used to look after us and do stuff for us, but at a certain point - when they get old - the roles get reversed and it should be us to look after our old family and friends.
Take care.