Notices

Back again

Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Well it has been a little while since I took my last kick at the can and tried to quit, might as well try again now since I am on day 3 of quitting smoking right now too. And I know if I have a few drinks I will want a cigarette, and that leads to a pack and then I'll be back in it full bore.

I think I have my stuff sorted out, I am good with sobriety all throughout the week, it is the friday and saturday nights that get me every time. As long as I can stay in, and keep myself occupied on those nights I should be good. I very rarely drink alone and really feel no urge to do it, but when hanging out with friends who drink every friday night, it is kind of the thing to do to fit in. So if I can keep to myself and stay in friday nights, I will have no problems at all. It is just resisting that urge to hang out with those certain friends that I have hung out with every friday night for who knows how long.

I really hope I can do this.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it.. That would be hard though. I didn't have too much of a problem with my social life because my wife doesn't drink, and I usually drank alone at home. That would be tough if you were hanging with your bro's every weekend. Maybe pickup a hobby that you can do on Friday nights?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you again!

I found attending AA meetings
helped me keep busy and also
I learned how to stay sober.

Blessings
Old 10-22-2007, 02:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You want it you can have it, it's tough at first for us all...it's so worth it though.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have to revamp your whole life. Realistically,...how long can you really just "will" yourself to just stay home Friday nights? Cant do that forever and if you have never dealt with the reasons you drink, you will go back to it the second your guard is down. Getting rid of all drinking friends is pivotal.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back and I'm glad you recognize that you need to make some changes in your life. It isn't easy, but it will be worth it.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are creatures of habit and you need to break that cycle.Think you need more than just staying in and as Pipes says,say farewell to your drinking crew.All the best with your recovery.