Leaving

Old 10-21-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leaving

after losing job number 3 in as many months, never helping with any of the bills (he says mowing the grass is his contribution) and calling me every name in the book i have decided to cash in most of retirement and get the he** out of this nightmare. it feels so good to say this!! every now and then i backslide and feel sorry for him, but honestly i can't take it anymore. i stopped drinking 3 years ago but still feel like i live an alcoholic life, never any money, cut off notices the same old stuff.

not even sure why i am posting, just needed to.

:praying
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sure it feels good to make a decision. I wish you the best in making your plans and beginning the rest of your life.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks so much for encouragement, i needed it
Old 10-21-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Good luck with everything. It will be hard I know, but in time your life will be handed back to you.
The road gets better.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you know what is best for your life, and that's fantastic. It isn't easy, but the payoffs are enormous. Congrats on your own sobriety and good luck!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I left a situation because I knew my sobriety was being tested and my husband still drank around me. At that time it was the right decision for me regarding my alcoholism but wrong for my depression because I wasn't able to work. I did get help from welfare but I still was ashamed of myself and of course left the love of my life. Things got better but then I started drinking again. I don't even know when or where my first drink was or who with.

You have been thinking this over for a long time and hope you follow through. You need some sort of plan and it sounds like you have some funds to tide you over until you get yourself together again. I still remember some of my alone times and how much I enjoyed them and my being able to make my own decisions even if they were wrong some of the time.

Good luck to you. Please keep posting to let us know how you are doing. :praying :

kelsh
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"after losing job number 3 in as many months, never helping with any of the bills (he says mowing the grass is his contribution) and calling me every name in the book i have decided to cash in most of retirement and get the he** out of this nightmare."

The verbal abuse was the breaking point for me too. I had that with my first husband and I was NOT going to tolerate it with the XABF. I cannot abide total disrespect in a relationship, especially when I'm trying very hard to show respect to my mate. Their mouths sure can spew out disgusting things, can't they?

My prayers and best wishes are with you in your new life. Congratulations on taking a stand!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you all so much for the encouragement. now he's on the honeymoon phase, but be running out of beer money, to late, my decision is made and i have to stick to it for my on sanity. i can't save him, heck he doesn't even think he has a problem, he thinks it's quite normal to get up and drink a six pack to start his day.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

" ... quite normal to get up and drink a six pack to start his day."

Oh my ... how many does he drink in a day?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

If he's anything like my AH, about 20-30 per day, a six pack is just for breakfast!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you sweetie.....