Update on the Rockin' C

Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Smile Update on the Rockin' C

Hi all,
Well...the inspection was yesterday. There are issues with the deck, a couple of huge trees close to the house, and some roof work that needs to be done. I already knew all of that. What I didn't know is that the electrical box is outdated and now I have to get an electrician to inspect it and possibly replace it. But there is some repair money built into the contract so I don't think it will be a major issue, at least I hope not.

I must confess I get a little scared if I let myself think too much about being completely responsible for all this stuff. But it's a 'good' kind of scared, if that makes any sense. It's exciting, like leaving home for the first time. In a way, I guess that is exactly what it is.

I find myself watching an awful lot of HGTV and getting ideas about ways to make it more like I want it without breaking the bank. Exah never allowed me to do things at this house like I wanted. It was always wrong, you know? So it is pretty cool to be able to think about how I want it to look without having to ask permission from him.

On another note, my mediation is finally set for November 26. The house closes on November 30th. Things are moving right along all of a sudden after so many months of nothing really happening. It is a little unnerving to say the least.

I took today completely 'off', meaning I haven't done much of anything but lay around and read and rest. I needed that. Taking care of little Shelby is great but it is harder than I thought it would be. I guess time fades the memory of how demanding an infant is.....I won't have her again on a daily basis until mid-January because of the way my DIL's med school rotations worked out. I am glad, too, because I have so very much to get done.

I will keep you posted on your retreat in the Tennessee mountains.
:ghug
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sounds like a good plan, especially the part about taking today as a day just for you.

Remember, everything is one day at a time. And it all doesn't have to be done at once does it?

I find making a list helps. That way the mental list doesn't keep swirling in my head with me thinking I might forget something. Make a list and then check things off as they get done and don't spend a lot of time thinking about the rest.

I am so excited for you. Yes, there will be a lot of work with the move and getting settled again...but it's YOURS. Think ahead to the day when you are already there and can just do everything at your own pace.

Housewarming Hugs
Old 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you are doing so good.it will be the best when u r finished.prayers, hope
Old 10-18-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you!!! It does sound like things are moving in the right direction! I know it all must be a little intimidating, but I know you can do this. You are a strong woman. And you can fix things up the way YOU want them. How cool is that?
Thanks for the update. I'll be waiting for the first retreat date. lol
Terri
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jen, I am so truley happy the way everything seems to be falling into place for you. Congrats.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jen...I am so happy for you. I am really glad you are looking at this with recovery eyes...I know it will put you in a much better place and you will actually be able to enjoy each moment of this experience...even the nerve wracking and stressful ones. Sure looking forward to the retreat
Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is all so exciting. I love to watch HGTV. There are some good shows on TLC too. It is really nice that you can do what you want and not have to answer to anybody. It is all yours......what a good feeling.

I wish you the best..........Lo
Old 10-18-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Is it ready for guests yet????