What would you do if you were?

I think of you all everytime I do, omg, it brings
tears to my eyes everytime. lol, I have to watch
it alone...
Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have trouble watching shows like that, Done. I've had all the family drama I can handle, right in my own livingroom...and I don't mean on the TV, LOL.

But I stopped by to send you a hug, for thinking of us moms...

Last edited by Ann; 02-08-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ah thanks...

Oh and you know what...
I also made this thread to let you all know it is probably a very triggering show for you all to watch, if your not prepared it might be really hard for you.
Just in case you didn't know. I forgot to say that part.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, sweetie, I get triggered easily, so thanks for the warning.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is Brothers & Sisters?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

nope, i do not watch shows like that,they hit too close to home. hugs,hope
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I watch it every Sunday night here. I love that show. Sally Fields is one of my favorites. It is not a trigger for me so I can watch it. I just don't understand how she can have a relationship with her dead husbands mistress. Oh well, I enjoy it.

When is it on where you live?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by helpus View Post
What is Brothers & Sisters?
It's a show w/ Sally Fields as the mom, with a bunch of kids. Calista Flockhart is one of the kids.

The part I was talking about is one of her sons (Justin) is a drug addict and that was one of the story lines last year. Well after almost dying, etc. he got clean and has been doing good. Part of why he became an addict was the memories he had from being @ war. Well recently he was sent back to war and I forgot exactly what happened his truck got hit (not the right terms) and he got hurt bad but made it.
His knee was hurt extremely bad but they saved it. His doctors told his mom & family that and soon as his nerve blockers wore off he would be in a world of pain and if he didn't take narcotics for it, it would affect his recovery and that he really should take them, and that it would basically be "stupid" not too.
But he was refusing too.

So they all watched him suffer in pain once the blockers wore off, and finally Sally Field was literally begging him and rocking him in middle of the night to take the damn pills, after about a week of this, after him collapsing, etc. he finally did...

Sally Field plays it sooo good. It was so heartbreaking to watch her begging him to take them, telling him she would monitor them, help him, but knowing exactly what was going to happen. But she couldn't watch him suffer in that kind of pain anymore..

You can tell it's going to get bad...
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I watch it every Sunday night here. I love that show. Sally Fields is one of my favorites. It is not a trigger for me so I can watch it. I just don't understand how she can have a relationship with her dead husbands mistress. Oh well, I enjoy it.

When is it on where you live?
Sunday nights..

lol, I know the mistress thing, it's weird hu. I don't know what or how I would be.
If I hated her like I would want to, it would eat me up inside, I'm good, too good
at forgiving people, I tend to see the other side too easy sometimes.
So I dunno what I would do. If it wasn't for her daughter, i probably wouldn't have a relationship for sure, but that may make a difference.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong. I guess it would depend on so many things..
But it is definately weird...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Or maybe I'm totally wrong. I guess it would depend on so many things..
But it is definately weird...
Life is weird, sweetie...One thing I am figuring out is I never know how I will feel until I am in those shoes...
An old friend of mine once cautioned that I was so open minded that he feared my brains would fall out, lol ...I guess we are kindred spirits in that...looking at things from all different angles...

I'm not much of a TV watcher so I have never heard of this show..but I think Sally Fields is an awesome actress....Funny to say 'cause I remember the Flying Nun days!

Just wanted to say hi and send you some hugs...Pink ones of course

Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

I usually try to find a good science fiction or comedy, but I've watched it once, I think. I also believe it would give me the "willies", so it is probably good I missed it.

Like Ann, I appreciate you thinking of "the moms". Your telling of the story gets me thinking... what would *I* do? I don't know... whatever I could live with.

(((hugs)))
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I did not see it but loved the post...... I just can't sleep at night and luckily go to work at 2pm...so I do get some sleep...but when i read that I texted it to my AD that is at a meth or crack house now... I have not heard from her in almost 2 days so I guess I am just hoping for some response so I will know if she is alive!!!! Hugs to you all!! Deanna
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love the show, but have missed it the last couple weeks. I have meetings!!
I can empathize w/ the pain of the family. been there!
susan
Old 10-18-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
It's a show w/ Sally Fields as the mom, with a bunch of kids. Calista Flockhart is one of the kids.

The part I was talking about is one of her sons (Justin) is a drug addict and that was one of the story lines last year. Well after almost dying, etc. he got clean and has been doing good. Part of why he became an addict was the memories he had from being @ war. Well recently he was sent back to war and I forgot exactly what happened his truck got hit (not the right terms) and he got hurt bad but made it.
His knee was hurt extremely bad but they saved it. His doctors told his mom & family that and soon as his nerve blockers wore off he would be in a world of pain and if he didn't take narcotics for it, it would affect his recovery and that he really should take them, and that it would basically be "stupid" not too.
But he was refusing too.

So they all watched him suffer in pain once the blockers wore off, and finally Sally Field was literally begging him and rocking him in middle of the night to take the damn pills, after about a week of this, after him collapsing, etc. he finally did...

Sally Field plays it sooo good. It was so heartbreaking to watch her begging him to take them, telling him she would monitor them, help him, but knowing exactly what was going to happen. But she couldn't watch him suffer in that kind of pain anymore..

You can tell it's going to get bad...
I am so glad I don't watch this show. I would probably still be crying!!! I got teary eyed rieading this!!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by rahsue View Post
I am so glad I don't watch this show. I would probably still be crying!!! I got teary eyed rieading this!!
lol, I know and to watch Sally Field do it, omg.... and the boy is the baby of the family and of course he always is trying to hide his pain and she catches him
in middle of the night, ohhhh,, *wipes a tear*
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
I usually try to find a good science fiction or comedy, but I've watched it once, I think. I also believe it would give me the "willies", so it is probably good I missed it.

Like Ann, I appreciate you thinking of "the moms". Your telling of the story gets me thinking... what would *I* do? I don't know... whatever I could live with.

(((hugs)))
YOU? lol, I think all of you moms would end up pushing the drugs that's why it's so heartbreaking, I don't know what mom could watch her child be in that much physical pain. I think it's the thought of I know addiction is next, but so be it, we'll have to deal with that next.. but for now, i ain't watchin my kid suffer in pain like this.....

Well, that's how I would be, I would be pushing the pills and then guarding them with my life, but yea, I couldn't stand someone being in that much pain....
It's just illogical to me, even if it was meth, I think for me I'd rather go through detox again then suffer through that kind of pain, but I'm a baby when it comes to pain.... I have no tolerance whatsoever..... (I Know weird for a self harmer)
Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

yes - I saw this episode - not only could I relate to it with my daughter, but also with my AH.

Because he had surgery & started taking pain meds from the surgery after 2 plus yrs sobriety - the most he had ever had since being a teenager (he was 50).

At the end of the show - the scene in the kitchen - where Justin can barely stand up because of the pain meds.

We all know that look to well.

These disease has slowly edged it's way back into my Ah's life & I see that look all too often now.

Boy, I sure wish the writers of this series would send Sally Field's character to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon - cause you know in "real" life someone as close as a Mom, sister or spouse should not be "in charge" of passing out pain meds - or should I say for any of the A's I have been in contact with that has never worked.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Japic05 View Post
yes - I saw this episode - not only could I relate to it with my daughter, but also with my AH.

Because he had surgery & started taking pain meds from the surgery after 2 plus yrs sobriety - the most he had ever had since being a teenager (he was 50).

At the end of the show - the scene in the kitchen - where Justin can barely stand up because of the pain meds.

We all know that look to well.

These disease has slowly edged it's way back into my Ah's life & I see that look all too often now.

Boy, I sure wish the writers of this series would send Sally Field's character to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon - cause you know in "real" life someone as close as a Mom, sister or spouse should not be "in charge" of passing out pain meds - or should I say for any of the A's I have been in contact with that has never worked.
Well it was in middle of the night, and she did call his sponsor.

In defense of the writers I will say they do have both members of NA and Naranon there, at the table, so they are trying to make it as realistic as possible.

That look at the fridge, yea that was weird..

It's going to be an intense season, as Justin can be a handful, lol
Old 10-18-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by Japic05 View Post
Boy, I sure wish the writers of this series would send Sally Field's character to Al-Anon or Nar-Anon.....
I think that a great idea Japic! You should send a note to the network. It's on ABC by the way.

I love, love this show. Lots of drama but plenty of humour as well. I'm not a mom, but an addict, so may be that's why it's not a trigger for me. I'm lucky I suppose.

BTW, the story is not based only on the son's addiction(s). It's a big part of the story right now for sure.

You're right, DWI, you can tell it's not going to be a smooth ride with the meds. Yikes!

The thing that tears me up about it, is this war and the soldiers dealing with PTSD and other mental problems after they get back. We've all read and/or heard it in the news. To me, that's the bigger picture of what Justin (the son) and his mother are going through.

So........thanks for this thread DWI. I watch way too much TV. And I talk (type) a lot!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
In defense of the writers I will say they do have both members of NA and Naranon there, at the table, so they are trying to make it as realistic as possible.
I missed this part of your thread DWI..........I know you're in LA......now I'm curious what you do for a living.