Hi

Old 06-02-2003, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi

Hi Jessica, I am a 27 year old married women with 4 of my own children. I grew up with the same type of father, very abusive when he would drink. Me and my sister spent many years in foster care, and that was no better. When my Mom left my Dad she moved right in with another man I was about 14 at the time. They became very heavy drug users (crack ) and have now lost everything. The house the cars, jobs and respect. I am now feeling forced to pick up the pieces when they can't pay their bills. I have an 11 yr old sister who still lives with them and I feel the only way I could ever get her to live with me is if I get my folks in trouble and I don't want to do that. Although my sister spends a lot of her time at my house. Money gets tight because I have my own kids and my Mom pays for none of her cloths ect. I understand what you are going through. I too have just come to sober recovery about 3 days ago and so far it has seemed to help, just talking with people who go thru it ya know?! Hope for the best but live YOUR life, maybe soon I will be able to.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome Christi,

You have alot on your plate. Stick around here, there are alot of helpful people who have been where you are. What a great thing you are doing for your sister. You are giving her more than you had...someone to turn to.

Hugs and prayers,
JT
Old 06-03-2003, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi christi -

Glad you found us. What you are doing for your sister is a wonderful thing. We have to protect the children. But I understand how hard it must be putting your parents in a situation like that.

God Bless!!!