It's Been a Long Time........Need support

Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Been a Long Time........Need support

It has been quite sometime since I was last on here. Briefly my son is an addict, meth.
He had been doing so great. Working, staying home not going anywhere. But about 7 months ago he didnt go to work one day cause he was sick and it was payday. He worked same place as his brother. So he called his bro to see if he could bring his check. They set up place to meet to get it. So my son was trying to find a ride and his friend found a ride for him. So they went to get his check and upon going they got a flat tire so my son got out of car and proceeded to walk to meet his brother cause it was just up road. He saw cops go by then pull in behind that guy then had guy in handcuffs so my son walked back up there to see what was going on. The cops had a backpack and said here he wants you to give this to his sister. My son said I dont know his sister and explained how he just got a ride from this guy to get check. Well then they arrest my son too. Turns out the guy had chemicals in the backpack to make a meth lab. My son went to court & it got dismissed. Now 7 months later they come & pick him up at 3:30 am and are now charging him with manufacturing meth. They tell us they can do that if it was dismissed in general sessions. So now my son has been in jail for over 2 weeks now, cause I cant come up with 1000 to get him out and cant afford lawyer. He was unaware of this backpack and didnt really even know the guy. But they are going to try and charge him with it. I am scared to death and cant eat or sleep. He does not deserve to be in there.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No advice. Just hugs ((((debysu)))
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, things like this shouldn't happen. He was only arrested because he got a ride? Did he know the people? Unfortunaltey, it sounds like the "birds of a feather" scenario. There are some atty's who will help w/ wrong doings. If I truly believed he was innocent, look and call every one and seek advice & help. It's out there, you just have to find it!
you are in my prayers,
susan:praying
Old 10-17-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Susan.. All too convenient. You are in my prayers... Broken :praying
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with C. Your son should be able to obtain a public defender-you may luck out and obtain an attorney-all attorneys in Ar. have do do some pro-bono cases. Get the phone book out and start calling all the attorneys listed-explain the situation and you should be able to get some good free advise. Attorney will set up a payment arrangement, most of the time. What type of bond and amt. does he have? A thousand cash or 10,000 paper-makes a lot of difference. Just beware-my AH always said he did not do it-HE DID. Now he truly did not "do it"-he will be able o prove it. Like you-not a penny for an attorney,plus I am staying totally out of it for my sanity and recovery. Hoping for the best for you.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

I am so sorry you (and he) are going through this.

My sponsor reminds me that HP is behind me, beside me and with me - through everything.

I have to remember that when I first discovered my daughter's meth addiction (she was 17), it took me to my knees... literally. I nearly passed out. The road was rough.... it was hell.

Today, my kid is clean. Her life is not easy, sometimes, it is very hard. But, for me, the biggest difference is that I tend to see the hand of my HP in almost everything. When she can't pay the rent, when unpaid fines put her husband in jail, when she turned up pregnant for the second time in two years.... each of these things have brought some sort of learning to all of us.

HP knows what we need to get where we need to go. There could be somone in the jail who NEEDS to hear what your son has to offer. There may be someone there your son desperately NEEDS to meet.

When I was in "control" of all the lives around me, the plan seemed so damned simple. But when those plans did not work out, I didn't have much of a back up plan. When HP is in control, many lives are touched and ALL will be changed.

Please know I hold you up in prayer... that you can have peace and comfort and understanding.

((((Debysu)))))
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Debysu,

this is so hard I know. nothing is worse than getting that call from your son when he is in jail. But what Bigsis says makes a lot of sense. when my son went to jail I thought I would go crazy with anxiety. I was sick. but a very wise person explained to me that first of all, my son would survive this, he was 22 not 2. And secondly as BigSis said, hopefully there is a lesson to be learned here. I knew my son kind of skirted close to the edge of the law a lot. And maybe this offense was necessary to save him from a bigger offense. things happen for a reason. God puts up road blocks for our kids sometimes to try and save them. Back then being the enabler i was, i asked to speak to the arresting officer. I called him and his story was a bit different than my sons. It was kind of weird because his story involved a backback too. Anyways I am glad i got the real story because it began my journey away from enabling. Well he got a very good public defender, who got him off, (similar to your son, he was a passenger not the driver,) and now my son got a free get out of Jail Card, so I'm not sure if he learned anything.
I know it doesn't change the pain whether he is innocent or not, but I have learned its his journey not mine and I pray often his HP is with him. So here are prayers for you and your son. and try to step back, give you to your HP and him to his HP, and not let this eat you up. You know this site is here for you.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

no advise, just sending prayers up for your son. keep coming back.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

being stressed.

Just wanted to touch base on something, someone said that theirs said they didnt do it either. I know my son did not do this. He is telling the truth on this one. Theres not a doubt in any of us. He was in the car a whole 10 min till got the flat tire. He was on his way to meet his brother to get his paycheck. He was at another friends house trying to get a ride and the guy couldnt cause he didnt have license and this other guy pulled in so the friend went over and asked him if he would give my son a ride. Son got in, flat tire, he started walking, cops show up, which son thought they were just seeing if guy was ok. next have him in handcuffs, son walks back & they try to get him to take backpack from guy. Son refused, they put him in handcuffs, said if he was telling the truth about his brother coming with his check they'd let him go if he came. Other son did show up but he just drove on by and did not stop. from past experience's the cops always harrass and they would of only charged him with something to.
I am told the pd told my son he could get 12 yrs max. and for something he did not do. So yes I am very stressed. My son had been doing excellant working and being at home . being the son we all know and love. he was changing his life style for the last 6 months he been doing great and out of blue cops show up at 3:30 in morning to my home and opened my front door. then had the nerve to say something was wrong with our door and we needed it fixed cause it just popped open. No it dont pop open. My door sticks to begin with. they turned the knob and pushed it open.
So sorry here. I just need to vent really bad.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It good to have a place to vent, right! I do it alot! Whatever this happened for there is a reason. IT's not over, don't give up. Get an atty--w/ what is stated, it will be dismissed.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I do believe in the justice system, however, I wish the cops would go to the popped open doors that need to be entered into.

good luck, I'm sure your son will be fine, they probably think he has info on a meth lab that they want to raid.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Debysu,
I definitely want to say I am sorry if I led you to anymore stress than you already have. I would never want to do that. Its sad when I look back on the posts to see many of us have come to not trust our addicts very much and it is coming thru pretty loudly. Which wasn't what you came here for. you came for support and wanted to be lifted up. So consider this my lifting you up. He is lucky to have you in his corner. just take it One Day at a Time. when posting about my son I wanted you to know i understand, and to let you know that my son wasn't charged because eventually they had to admit they had no evidence. And he was using a Court appointed attorney who did a decent job. Which I had hoped would let you see that although it looks bleak right now,the future could hold anything. I understand all our children's cases are different. I will be praying for you and your son. Especially for peace to both of you in all of this.:praying