Update on me, my hubby, my sister

Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on me, my hubby, my sister

I posted about my sister being attacked last Monday evening by her ex-boyfriend. She is staying at a friend's house right now. She got her old job back and I found her a good, used car and went ahead and bought it for her. The Kiwanis Club I'm in is going to pay for her daycare until the daycare assistance kicks in.

My hubby is supposedly clean for 4 weeks now. He's been attending his program and going to meetings and his job. I did move back home, but he knows that if he uses, he's got to leave. I've not seen any of the "signs", so I think he's okay right now. In the past, he's made promises to attend rehab and meetings and never attended, but now he actually is, so I hope he sticks to it, but I understand that most of them don't, and I'm ready to move forward if that doesn't happen.

I had no idea about codependency when I first came here. Thank you all so much!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Hugs)))

Sounds like things are getting better.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm trying to fix everybody. RIGHT NOW. I want to physically put my little sister into the car and drive her to the police and press charges for her, but I can't do it. I can't make her do it either....AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sherryb,
I am glad things are going better for you. I agree I would want to drive her to the police and press charges for her. But you can't, so take a really deep breath and let it out slowly. Do it as many times as you need to, it will help you relax.
Keep to your boundaries, but remember to work on you and have time for yourself.
Hugs,
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Sherry))) Its hard....I know....it gets better if we make it.....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

You sound like a wonderful loving, helpful person. I hope things get better with your h and I hope you find peace you deserve.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It sounds like things are on the right path; I pray they continue. I am glad that your hubby is attending meetings, maybe he is taking this serious now. You sound strong and I am proud of you! Be proud of yourself - you have been through a lot!
Hugs
Terri
Old 10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
krhea75

Take it as it comes, one step, one hour, one moment at a time.
krhea
Old 10-16-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

don't forget to keep the focus on you & what is good for you.i know u r trying to help but you can not "fix" anyone else.you are powerless & the addicts problem is their problem. we can love them but sometimes we love them to death. saying prayers for you & your family that things will get better & better.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sherry I'm glad your sister is safe and has caring folks like you supporting her decisions. Sounds like your husband is doing his best...Now that things are calming down I hope you can really focus on taking good care of you now! Hugs
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well, he slipped on a wrench machine last night and cut his hand, tendons and all, down to the bone. He was making an adjustment that he should have cut the machine off for, but he was in a hurry, so he didn't.....grrrrr. Now, he's off the rest of the week, with pay. So, he'll have plenty of time on his hands. I hope he goes to meetings and doesn't get into trouble.