Notices

Dilaudud,Morphine,Herion,etc........

Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dilaudud,Morphine,Herion,etc........

My ex boyfriend brokedown to me last night that he has been shooting up dilaududs, Morphine, herion, cocain, really any pill he can. I sat in silance not knowing what to say. I am very disappointed in him, but I do understand. I just want to beable to help him. I don't want to critize. I'm not a goody goody myself, but there isn't anything that runs me and I don't have control over it. I just didn't know what to say or how to help. I have been looking up options. What I have found is NA, local Health Dept. He has no insurance so this is all I can find to help him. I just don't understand why he just can't tell himself no more when he knows he shouldn't be doing it. Please someone help me help him. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

It does sound like it should be so simple, but it just is not. Addiction is a disease that takes control and doesn't easily let go. My suggestion is that your boyfriend seek help for his addiction. He needs to be motivated to stop using because it will be hard. You need to seek help for yourself and for that AlAnon or NarAnon could be useful to you and places where you can find support.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

NA would be a good start. There you will find people who can help.