Indicators of Relapse??

Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Indicators of Relapse??

Hey all,

I was just wondering whether any of you have knowledge about what the effects are of mixing Suboxone with drugs? I believe my boyfriend may have relapsed again (or worse yet, never got off the drugs to begin with). He was ill the other day, with severe diarrhea and I ate everything he ate and I am/was just fine. I worry that may be a side effect? I also have the feeling that he is acting oddly because he is back on the drugs, but I just wondered if this physical ailment is an indicator?

To add to that, is there a list that any of you can think of that are helpful indicators of relapse? Beyond his odd behavior, and sometimes I think I may be looking to hard for it, I don't know what to see and be worried about. I want him to get better and stay better, but I want to know the warning signs so that I don't have to sit around and wait for him to hit rock bottom.

Also, as an update, I have been reading several books about addiction/co dependency/enabling and I feel more in control of myself in the situation and feel more comfortable knowing my place is in the sidelines, cheering him on, rather than on the field, playing for him.

Thanks for all of your continued support!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My daughter takes suboxone and sometimes she gets an upet stomach. I would be suspicious about him acting strange though. My daughter doesn't act any different, jut an upset stomach. Lately she has decreased the dosage and it seems to be better.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
My daughter takes suboxone and sometimes she gets an upet stomach. I would be suspicious about him acting strange though. My daughter doesn't act any different, jut an upset stomach. Lately she has decreased the dosage and it seems to be better.
Thank you! That's the hard part... I don't even know if I know anything anymore. What I thought was normal was him being on drugs, so now I don't know if him being rude and spending 40 minutes in the bathroom before a movie last night is him honestly being sick and grumpy or him just getting high (he used to do just that). If I am suspicious, should I say something? Or is just muddling up everything if I ask him what's going on? I don't want to put myself in the position where it is my only thought... but I don't want him to feel like no one trusts him to get better.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi - for a short time my daughter used suboxone and just seemed normal...like when she wasn't on drugs. Sometimes not doing drugs doesn't mean behavior changes, especially if the underlying reasons for drug use are not being addressed through meetings or some sort of program. And as you have said, if you only knew him on drugs, it's tough to say what is normal for him.

I found if my gut said something wasn't right and things were different than they had been, that in most cases my gut was right. The hardest part is to just sit back and wait...But if my daughter was using, it didn't take long for me to know for sure. It's hard to not watch and wonder, but anything else will drive you crazy....at least it drove me crazy.

I hope your suspcions are not correct, but if they are...take care of you. He will have to figure this out on his own. Hugs
Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Trust your gut.

Hugs
Cats