The Richest Lady in Town

Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

The Richest Lady in Town

Peoples perseption of me is so funny some times. I had to share this.

As some of you know, I'm working on an old Motel/Restraunt in east Tennessee. It's been a slow process, I've been at it for a year now. Mainly because I have no funds to just blow it out, so over the last year, I go there and work myself. A little bit at a time. As a result, it's comming togeather. I have very little income each month, lets just say that my income level is 75% below poverty level. But every time I have a spare $5 or $100, I save it and put it into this project. The community has been in awe over the transformation of the condemned building. I go to Government auctions to get materials. And when I run out of money, I just work. If I don't know how to do something, I learn. I lost everything I had worked 30 years for when I ended my relationship with my xah. This is my new beginnings to build it all up again. Plus it's a dream that I refused to give up on.

Anyway, the electrician approached me the other day, he's like wow, I hear you are the richest lady in all of Sunbright! What?!!!! Yup, they are talking about you all the way in Jamestown. How this rich lady is doing all this work. The guy wanted to know how to get a job with you.

I laughed, really really hard. Me, the penny pincher, auction hounder, yard sale pack rat that will not throw anything away that has any remote possibility of a use in the future, me. The same woman that is wearing the same clothes she wore in 1982, me. The one who will go to wal-mart with the full intentions of buying a cheap $8 pair of slip on shoes, because the old ones are litterally falling apart, will pick up the shoes and walk around the store for an hour and convince myself I don't really need them and put them back, me. The same one, who would not eat, because funds were so tight that I convinced myself food was a waste of money, me.

The richest lady in town.

After I stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my face, it hit me. I am. I am the richest lady in town. And I told that electrician that. Should have seen his face when I said, yep, I may not have the money to pay you when you are done, but I am rich, I have so much, wonderful kids (with warts), love, laughter, and some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for, have you ever heard of a place called SR?

He laughed with me. (He is well aware of the money situation).

It was nice to be reminded, that yes I am, the richest lady in town. I have so many blessings that money could never buy. And guess what, I could loose it all again and I would still be rich.

Thank You my SR friends.

B
Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

B-

You are my hero today. I bow to you! And you are right - you are the richest person in town.

~B
Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

What a wonderful place to be. The peace you instill upon yourself is inmeasurable.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Frankly,
What an eye opening story, I just love it...

(I'm feeling pretty rich these days, too!)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Frankly,
I agree you are the richest LADY in town. You have so much and are willing to give some of it away. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
Keep up the great work, can't wait to hear you are finally open.
Hugs
Old 10-15-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh baby, you are rich. And like many who are in your shoes, you are generous with your wealth.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

((((hugs)))))
Old 10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Thanks so much for the reminder, Frankly. It's sad that our human nature is to take so much for granted, all the blessings that we have. I know I can whine and complain about the stupidest stuff when there are so many folks who would kill to be in my shoes.

You know, it's all in my attitude and gratitude. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Love your rich friend,
Hangin' In
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

'
You are such an inspiration to me. Glad to call you friend!
susan:ghug3
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Wow, Who knew we had a millionairs club here? (-: I wouldn't give you guys up for all the lottery money in the state.

B
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You are indeed the most spiritually rich lady I know and all the money in the world cannot buy what you have.

And the funny thing is, the more you share your wealth, the richer you get.

I'm feeling pretty rich myself today, because you remind me of how many real solid gold blessings I have in my life.

If we get any richer, we will have to practice speaking like Mrs. Howell on Gilligan's island, dahhhling.

When your "fixing up" is done, I hope you call that motel and restaurant "The Serenity Inn".:day4
Old 10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Good reminder that we all have currency. Because of your awesome reminder I will focus on ALL that I do have. Abundance
We reap what we sow. It is enlightening to see that you have a goal and a passion. These are the areas to focus on. Instead of figuring anyone else out we will be better served to realize what to be passionate about.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow (((Frankly))) what an inspiring post! I may not have everything I want, but I surely have everything I need. Thanks for reminding me of that and I believe I just got a bit richer by osmosis
Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Frankly))))))
You always touch my heart so deeply. Thank you for this beautiful post.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

What a great story frankly! How inspiring!
I know how very resourseful we can be when we need to be.
I believe you're going to have one awesome place when you're done.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((Frankly))))
No one could fill your worn out shoes. You are one of a kind.

I love you Frankly..............Lois
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

oh frankie, you will always be rich with that attitude. hang in there, your dream is just around the cornor.hugs,
Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

wow...

that sounds soo cool - and you have such a great attitude while doing it - i would love to help and be surrounded with that wealth...

be well...

love,
s