You were right! AS called!

Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

You were right! AS called!

Thanks everyone who listened to me, and have traveled this road before me!
I posted awhile back that I said, "NO" to my son and hadn't heard from him in a while. I was stressed and just knew it was going to get bad for me. I was going to spiral down that path.
But... I wrote to you guys instead. And....I didn't do my usual "Track-Down".
Like I have said before I am an awesome detective. Once I really shocked him with my tracking skills. I called a complete stranger, at a place my AS was flopping. My son couldn't believe that i had found him and through a person that my AS didn't even know! (That's a good Codie! but you don't want to know how many calls i made to get that number.)
Anyways! I didn't DO that this time.
I let it go. Like you said, I decided that when he wants to let me know how he is doing, he will call. In the meantime I was chosing not to let it consume me. Well, I was out of town this weekend and he called my house phone 3 times, and my cell phone 3 times. when he finally got through to me, he just wanted to say hi! But I could tell he was confused that I am not responding in my usual way. I don't think he liked the "Change in the Script". But it felt pretty good to me. It wasn't a power trip sort of thing, , nor a payback, wasn't trying to miss his calls, more like I just decided to worry about me for a change, and if he didn't want to talk to me then OKAY. When he finally reached me I was happy to hear from him, enjoyed the conversation, then said I had to head back into a meeting. I didn't think, " Okay I have him on the line, how can i get thru to him?" He did ask , "what was up? why was I so happy sounding?" I just said that, "life is pretty good right now."
Really weird for me i must say. Trusting his and my HP is really getting to me! ( at least today! Baby steps!):day4
So thanks again for being here and being you!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((cece)))

I'm glad that you heard from him and even more glad that YOU are doing well. When my son was out there, I didn't try to track him down because what would I have done once I found him? He was like a caged animal when he was using and the only thing I could do was turn him over to his HP. When he called asking for help, I did meet him and gave him a ride to detox. And he always knew I loved him.

"Life is pretty good right now" Amen and your recovery is absolutely shining today!

hugs ~

deedee
Old 10-14-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And it keeps getting better and better, cece.

I'm glad he called, I know that was a relief to you, but I am so proud of how you handled everything.

Like Deedee, I don't hunt my son down either, not even after 3 years. If he gets clean he knows how to find me. If he is using, it would serve no healthy purpose.

And yes, it takes them a while to adjust to the new "us", LOL.

Hugs
Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your post made me smile...I felt so good for you! I'm glad you heard from him but even more happy that you have been taking time to take care of you! I'll bet he was one confused son!

I remember in a family program when the kids in rehab joined us they were asked about one thing they feared when leaving rehab. My daughter laugheed and said she feared what I learned at the program since I would no longer fall for her tricks...I think she was only partly kidding!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Way to go, Cece. You just keep reading and seeing what might work for you in your situation.

If you're like me, anything I tried was better than what I was doing. Good glory, what I was doing made me pure nuts!

So congrats to you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Way to go cece. I'm very happy for you.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

CeCe- I love how great you sound. You are staying positive, fantastic! Thanks for your councel on my earlier thread o wise one. I love having like-minds to bounce off of. I bet you will sleep better this week since your son checked in. You are having a good run at detachment it is usually the best for both of you.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

What you have learned is exactly what I want to learn. Thanks for your post and your inspiration.

I'm glad you were able to talk to your son, now that your mind is in a better place I can just imagine how nice the conversation was.

Congratulations
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It does feel good, doesn't it!!!

prayers for you both,
susan