What am I thinking...............

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What am I thinking...............

I am sitting upstairs typing this while my A is reading the introduction to Codependent No More. At my request of course. What am I thinking you ask? Who knows. Is it a smart choice. Don't have the answer for that one either.

The way I look at it, I have done hours and hours of research to try and understand what goes on in the mind of an Alcoholic. How to live with, how to not enable, how to detach, how to set boundaries and so on..............Yes I know that these things are for me, but still I feel that the onus is always on me.

For once, I need to be understood as well. If he walks away from reading that with a wee bit of knowledge and understanding, that might be enough for me. Or it might not.
But, I too am sick and tired of being judged.

Only time will tell. Heck, it might not even me and thing to him. Just having a rant.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If he walks away from reading that with a wee bit of knowledge and understanding,

((((((wpg)))))))...you cannot control his thinking but you can control yourself. That book is for you! I know it speaks to him through you but don't give up on yourself. C-DNM gives you back strength. Trust me!

ARL