A codie dream

Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A codie dream

Hi everyone!

Yesterday morning, when I got home from work I checked in on everyone here at SR (my new routine). This got me thinking about a situation I'm dealing with my 14-year-old niece (luckily doesn't involve addiction, but major codie issues). Anyway, decided to turn it over and go to sleep.

Well, I had a dream that I was at a codie reunion at Jen's new codie ranch. Don't remember much of the dream, but do remember that I was talking to a woman who was struggling with an AD and addict mom.

Being the good codie I am, I got totally absorbed with her problems. It was then I realized I had to step back or "someone" was going to be coming after me with bunny slippers and a skillet. I woke myself up laughing.

I said a prayer and thanked God for all the wonderful people here and how much I am learning. It felt really good to know that, even in my subconscious, I am learning some wonderful lessons here.

Thanks everyone!

Amy
Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And I thank you for bringing your wisdom and experience to us. You have helped me so much in understanding my daughter. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this Amy - I think your dream is evidence that your thought processes are changing and you are applying the skills you have learned throughout your life - even in dreams - Pretty darn cool! I truly appreciate all your share here. Thank you! Hugs
Old 10-14-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Just picturing bunny slippers and the skillet, wonder who that would be?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
Maybe it was Mel Gibson and George Clooney!
If it was them, I'd be messing up so they WOULD come after me!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That was special. I still have dreams about drinking and my brother is in the dream with me. He has all the booze and wants me to drink too. I open the fridge and look at all the beer but never have seen myself with one in my hand. I am always looking for my brother who is an active alcoholic still but when I find him I just sorta look out for everyone and do the driving since I am the only one sober and then I just wake up!!!!

kelsh
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

how's this for a codie dream. I not only was myself in my dream, I seem to have been playing all roles. I guess they couldn't do a good enough job portraying themselves so I had to do it.