Take Care of YOU

Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Take Care of YOU

I haven't posted in a while; been reading when I can. For those who don't know me, my 21 year old daughter is the addict in my life.
A few months ago my husband and I decided we needed to do something positive for us for a change. Our 18 year old daughter started college this fall; so we were "empy nesters". We planned a vacation in St. Thomas - just for us.
At first I felt guilty about doing something for myself, (funny how us codies fell that way!).
Anyway, just got back from a wonderful vacation with husband. I felt so much peace away from work and the rest of the chaos. And I feel we deserved it!

DO SOMETHING FOR YOU!!! Even if it is a nice bubble bath, reading a good book, taking a walk, ANYTHING just for you. And don't feel guilty about being nice to yourself.

HUGS to all
Terri
Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Havehope;

I am so happy for you and your husband.
We to try and do things for us.
We have just told our AD that she is no longer welcomed in our home. I needed to do this for my mental health.
We haven't seen her since last Weds, she called today to tell me she had no where to go. My answer was rehad or call a friend. That was the hardest thing I have done in awhile. I did it for me,
So happy to hear good news for you
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I had a guilt free weekend of autumn joy in the beautiful country north of Lake Superior.

You are right, doing something nice for ourselves helps keep us healthy and balanced. We need to do it more often.

Hugs
Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad that you were able to leave the stress behind and enjoy a wonderful vacation. Money is tight with my husband having been layed off from his job, but I make sure that every night I take my dog babies for a walk. It always makes me feel better about myself. (And I am thinking about ordering an Apple cheesecake from the Nuns of New Skete mmmm) Hugs, Marle
Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
krhea75

Thanks for the reminder Terri. It sounds like a wonderful trip. I have a hard time treating myself even when I want to. I am working on that.
krhea
Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

glad you had a great trip. do not feel guilty, we deserve to enjoy ourselves. hugs,