sister is home and admitted to using

Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sister is home and admitted to using

Update...
My sister came home after a little more than a week. Admitted to my parents she's been using and wants help. She gave my mom her paraphernalia, which was a huge step. They also got the car keys back from her. Dad had been letting her use a car.

I told my mom that my sister is the one who will need to make the calls and find the help. If she's serious, she will. Sister said on Monday she'll start calling. Of course, my first reaction was that if she's back at my parents house, she needs to get checked out medically and get the prof. help now, but I'm not the parent, only the sister watching and listening. Also, my sister brought the bf with her and he said he needs help, too, so they both can find a place together. Money for rehab is an issue, though. My parents can't afford thousands of dollars to help her and I won't take from my savings. I just can't.

My mom asked if I would go with her to a parent/family meeting tomorrow. Hopefully, my mom can find support from other parents.

I'm really just worn out by the whole thing. It hurts seeing my mom hurt so much. Hopefully, I'll find more strength for myself tomorrow at the meeting.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile

Originally Posted by aztchr View Post
Update...
My sister came home after a little more than a week. Admitted to my parents she's been using and wants help. She gave my mom her paraphernalia, which was a huge step. They also got the car keys back from her. Dad had been letting her use a car.

I told my mom that my sister is the one who will need to make the calls and find the help. If she's serious, she will. Sister said on Monday she'll start calling. Of course, my first reaction was that if she's back at my parents house, she needs to get checked out medically and get the prof. help now, but I'm not the parent, only the sister watching and listening. Also, my sister brought the bf with her and he said he needs help, too, so they both can find a place together. Money for rehab is an issue, though. My parents can't afford thousands of dollars to help her and I won't take from my savings. I just can't.

My mom asked if I would go with her to a parent/family meeting tomorrow. Hopefully, my mom can find support from other parents.

I'm really just worn out by the whole thing. It hurts seeing my mom hurt so much. Hopefully, I'll find more strength for myself tomorrow at the meeting.
Where there is a will there is a way. I was very strongly addicted to meth and very close to suicide by the time I decided to quit, and of course I had no money, and no insurance, I was barely making my rent. There is always a way to quit if you are serious and you want it, you don't need thousands of dollars. lol, it feels like you do at the time, I wanted to go to rehab at the time, but it wasn't a reasonable option for me.

Here is a list of free resources you may want to email her or print out for her.

HOW DO I RECOVER

Good luck to you all, your in my thoughts and prayers!~

Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'll pass along the info. I know I was exaggerating with the money, but that's what my mom has been told by a few places she called around here.
My sister's DOC is meth, too.
She was clean for 4 years, but relapsed. She has to get help for the issues that led her down the path again.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks! I'll pass along the info. I know I was exaggerating with the money, but that's what my mom has been told by a few places she called around here.
She was clean for 4 years, but relapsed. She has to get help for the issues that led her down the path again.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that at all. You do need thousands of dollars for some detox and more than that for rehab. By the lol, I was just remembering the feeling of thinking there was no way I could quit without rehab, so it "Really" does feel like if you don't have 1000's of dollars that you can't quit.
I think that probably stopped me from quitting for along time. I don't think I believed that you could quit without a heavy bank account, just the way the brain thinks or mine thinks, it will convince you of anything just so you can continue to use.

You weren't exaggerating at all. And you are doing the right thing by holding on to your money. Don't even think about feeling guilty about that..
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I didn't see that part about the meth.
Oh god I hate to see relapse after 4 years, that scares me.
That's why I love to be in therapy, lol, I can't wait till
I can go back. I think I'll one of those people in therapy
till I die. I need to be there cuz of stuff like
that...

Oh man, I feel for your sister, that sucks.... But that is awesome
she came clean, I am sure you know most meth users aren't
very honest people about their meth use. It's a damn hard drug
to give up.

I'm not sure if CMA is on there, but I'll add it if not. I don't go anymore
but I did, she might like that better than NA.
I am not really a 12 step person, I like the smart stuff better,
but when I needed it I went to some CMA meetings.
They are different than NA because meth is such a different drug,
it was helpful for me to go to them instead.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

CMA
WWW.CRYSTALMETH.ORG
Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks! At this point, until my sister takes the next steps, we don't even know what type of treatment would be best for her. Just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm working on my own boundaries.