"I'm doing the right thing"

Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"I'm doing the right thing"

AH was up at 7:30am making the kids pancakes and cleaning the kitchen. Then he went outside and played with them. He's gone to a meeting right now and will mow when he comes back. He actually was thinking about mowing at 8am, but thought the neighbors might not like it. Picture perfect morning of productivity. Wrong. I asked him why he's so busy this morning and he said, "It's because I'm doing what needs to be done. And rather than say anything about it, I'm just doing it." See, in AA, they have told him not to complain if he sees things I'm not doing, but to just do them. So how do I know when he's active? Because he gets super productive. If it were only so easy. But he's building his arsenol of resentment as we speak.

And I'm still in bed enjoying my coffee. In the past, I'd get up and start being productive to try to counter his weapon building, but nah. If that's what he has to do to earn his booze, than whatever. I can't imagine having a monkey on my back like that, so that I had to legitimize something that I wanted to do because I knew it was killing me and my family.

I told him in June he has one year. Next summer, he'll be clean or we'll be gone. So far he's blowing it. And I know if we leave, he'll drink himself into the ground in no time. His mother has had 2 mini-strokes in the past 2 months. If she has a big one, that'll be the next big reason he's drinking. Whatever.

p.s. It's not like he's feeding our kids because I'd let them go hungry.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by respektingme View Post
...I'm still in bed enjoying my coffee. In the past, I'd get up and start being productive to try to counter his weapon building...
Good attitude respektingme! Enjoy your coffee and the rest of your day!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have found that living in the present, rather than the past or the future, makes my life a lot easier.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I bet that was the best cup of coffee ever........enjoy.....
Old 10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Did you say you are giving him a YEAR to be sober?

That's an awful broad brush....
Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Can you stop focusing what your hubby is doing, has done, or will do in the future for just a few minutes and tell us what's going on in your life?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
Can you stop focusing what your hubby is doing, has done, or will do in the future for just a few minutes and tell us what's going on in your life?
Welllllll, about 3 weeks ago I decided that I might be tired so much because I'm emotionally drained and not physically fit. So, I started walking with 3 women in the mornings and we walk 2.5 miles every morning. Then last week I started to go a fitness class and did that M-W-F and am going again this morning. I have been sore, but am getting through that. I feel better and have more energy. I figure while he has this year to work on himself, that I'll use the year to work on myself as well. Going to Alanon, getting fit and finding a job. I'm also taking our kids on a 10-day vacation sans AH in 2 weeks to go out west and visit my family.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by respektingme View Post
Welllllll, about 3 weeks ago I decided that I might be tired so much because I'm emotionally drained and not physically fit. So, I started walking with 3 women in the mornings and we walk 2.5 miles every morning. Then last week I started to go a fitness class and did that M-W-F and am going again this morning. I have been sore, but am getting through that. I feel better and have more energy. I figure while he has this year to work on himself, that I'll use the year to work on myself as well. Going to Alanon, getting fit and finding a job. I'm also taking our kids on a 10-day vacation sans AH in 2 weeks to go out west and visit my family.
Excellent respektingme!