Notices

Im feeling good :) thanks for every1s support

Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Im feeling good :) thanks for every1s support

Hey all, Feeling good at the min, just wanted to write this down quick while it lasts! Just got back from 2 mtings - they do a late night one near me on a fri night which is great, always a fab talk table- humour is so good for my recovery It's good too as all my fellow students are out drinking late so atleast im out and about - it gives me something to look forward too also. Not exactly the same as a mad night out, but i can honestly say im prefering sober life at the min. Just feel better in myself, still have the lows (alot lol) but i know self pity gets me nowhere, infact makes things drag out, worse i guess. Was entertaining the thought of going out tongith- getting drunk. Thankfully stopped torturing myself though and got to a meeting, i know it's just the alcoholism trying to get me to lift the 1st drink- and i know the horrible times do go. Also i am terrified of drinking again- which helps me staying sober! I don't want to end up in hospital again, or get carried out of bars...so far up here my reputation is ok- i've not done nything too bad to humialte myself when drunk, and i intend to stay sober and keep this up! I may be seen as boring or a bit of an outcast even but at least i wont be seen as the mad alchie! Got a rep for my drinkng at a previous job - funny at first but towards the end completely humiliating. Oh well...i won't go on just glad to be able to share this with people who "get" me. Thanks once again guys for all your support, you really dont know how much u help me, i look forward to coming on here and reading threads of others, and getting help out of replies.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey mandi,

Great stuff for making two meetings tonight - especially on a night that would possibly be a trigger for you.
Thanks for sharing your positive message.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober But Struggling

I'm glad you are feeling well. I'm not feeling too bad.
Keep coming back.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome post, Mandi. I am so grateful to hear how well you're doing. Thanks for your positive message.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you on the meetings, They really make it easier to make it happen.

They say meeting makers make it!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

way to go mandi
Old 10-06-2007, 01:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Thanks guy :0 lol rloomer "meeting makers make it"- i love it! Gonna be a my little mantra if i ever can't be bothered to go to 1!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news, way to go.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling more positive now Mandi.When i started my current job(17 years ago),i came into it as an unknown but leaving my last place with an appalling reputation.I found that even though i tried to start afresh and keep a low profile,like attracts like especially when you drink.I transferred from there to my current office and have behaved myself for the last few years,even though drinking a lot at home.
I think as you know,your problems will only resurface if you go out and get slaughtered.Keep on fighting,sounds like you are doing great.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its good to feel good.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mandi...so wonderful to read your post. I for one am so proud of you. How I wish I had quit when I was younger!

The fact that you know what you don't want is wonderful..ie. hospitals etc.

Keep playing your old tapes when temptation starts to seep into your mind. I have 10 years of old "video" logged in my brain. One of the greatest tools you have is your brain, keep using it. You are strong, never forget that.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey mandi, glad you are feeling stronger. you fought the disease this week and YOU WON!

i just wanted to tell you - i've been to a lot of open aa meetings and met a lot of people in recovery in the past year. and NONE of them are boring...

hugs, have a great sober day - k
Old 10-06-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Mandi!
I'm pleased to hear your feeling happier today.
Have a nice day.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Mandi...I know how important it is to double up on meetings, especially on the weekends, which was my time to "howl"!

I would get dressed up on Friday and Saturday night, just as though I was going bar-hopping...instead, I went meeting-hopping. Even made a midnight meeting on Saturday nights. Then, I would go to the diner with some AA folks, and go home after the bars had closed. It kept me safe...it kept me sober. And, I was able to go to a 10:30 meeting on Sunday morning because I wasn't hung-over. I would recommend the strategy to anyone in early sobriety (and beyond).
Old 10-06-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Mandi,

I am so pleased you are doing OK. And thank you so much for giving hope to everyone here who is struggling.