gas station roses

Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

gas station roses

Do the makers of these little roses know that they are really making crack pipes? The gas stations have to know what they really are. What normal person goes in and fills up their car, and buys a rose?

Just wondering if you had discussed this before. It burns me up seeing them and knowing what they really are. I want to speak to a manager everytime I see them. That's why I have to pay at the pump.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had no idea they could be used for crack pipes!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I didn't know either!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's what my husband and his friend used. Those and pieces of copper brillo pads. I would find the brillo stuff in the dryer and he said they were for cleaning his golf balls.

One day I was visiting the friend at his gas station (before he lost it due to his habit). It had a drive thru window. I noticed two different guys drive thru and order a pack of cigarettes and two roses, or a drink and a rose, etc.

Sometime after confronting him in February we were at a gas station in line and I just casually picked one up and was looking at the little rose inside (they are cute). He goes, "you do know what that is, right?" Then it all just clicked.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

me either! r u kidding me?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry....having a "special" moment....what's a gas station rose?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Around here, at gas stations, there's a tray of little roses in glass tubes, for like two bucks each. I just think it should be a little harder on someone looking for a pipe, that's all.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I heard thats what they were used for I just never could figure out how that would be a pipe ...........I mean you have to have a place you inhale from and its just a tube with an open end and a closed end
Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think it's like a cigarette, with the brillo pad at the end, being the filter, and the rocks sitting somewhere in all that (never seen them). But I know he lit the end with a lighter because I caught him once. I ran out because my mom and my daughter were coming in the door and I wanted to get them back into the car.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yeah makes more sense.............

I have found broken glass in my husbands truck on the floor boards after a binge..........

I asked him once where he would get the glass pipes and his answer was ..........the guy on the corner same as the drug..........my reply was well isnt that nice of them to make sure your well equipt....................JERKS!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I stepped on a piece of glass in the bathroom. When I looked at it, I noticed it had black on it, like it was burned. That's how I found out about one of the relapses. He says if you get the pipe too hot, it will break.

How is your husband now?

Mine is working at a local factory, and going to meetings. We tried to meet at a meeting this week, but it was empty.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here in TX alot of stores are putting brillo pads behind the counter, with the sudafed, tylenolpm, etc. I've seen those glass roses, and thought they were ugly who would buy them...now I know! Can't wait until I see them again!:uzi2:
Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

sherry
my husband is doing alot better..........it was a rough few years but things have changed for him, I keep reminding myself that TODAY its better but who knows what tomorrow will bring...........

hes clean today..............Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
On a tear

Yeah... my kid told me about them. And I am certain the rose makers are "in" on it as much as the gas station owners. Anything for a buck.

I suppose if drugs were legal, we'd also buy THOSE at a convenience store along with bread, milk, cigarettes and beer.

Of the 4 things I listed... which does YOUR convenience store have the most variety of?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

the stores here dont just have the secret pipes....they have actual pipes.........with a sign posted that says for tabacco use

its horrible that they have that in plain view.......addicts cant go in a store without this trigger....not fair

but then again the better stores in the better areas.............hummm dont think I've seen pipes there
Old 10-04-2007, 10:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not to get off topic but one thing that I was surprised bout was drug stores selling syringes OTC. I dunno, but i sortof think that shouldnt be either.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

A lot of the convenience stores in my neighborhood sell these pens that have a glass tube as the main part of the pen and they are also sold with indivividual pieces of brillo for an extra dollar. The only reason they are sold is for use as crack pipes. Some neighborhood leaders and activists got hip to this and pressured the store owners to stop selling these things (big victory there!!). Not only are these efforts making it less excessible for crack addicts to get a pipe, but it is helping to get more of this stuff out of my (overly infested) neighborhood.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

why blame everybody for crack head's actions ?
Crack heads will use anything to smoke crack.
some people just eat it...

I guess throw all the spoons out of your kicthen.lol

give me a break, close down all the hardward stores while you're at too.

Then you gotta write the U.S. treasury department and request that no more
bills should be printed.
Then you gotta write the U.S. auto workers and tell them to stop installing rear veiw
mirrors
Then you gotta write all the credit cards company to stop issuing credit cards.

Last edited by SaTiT; 10-05-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaTiT View Post
why blame everybody for crack head's actions ?
Crack heads will use anything to smoke crack.
some people just eat it...

I guess throw all the spoons out of your kicthen.lol

give me a break, close down all the hardward stores while you're at too.
Yeah i mean there are always car antena's to use for crack pipes and other things, too. but why make it easier???

I never heard of anyone getting high on crack from eating it-i don't think that is possible?? I used to use it too and i don't think eating it will do anything as far as getting you high...

Only the addict is to blame I think for the use...not the dealer or the store selling the pipes...

BUT....

I will tell you one thing---not selling crack supplies in my local convenience stores has made my crack infested neighborhood safer because it cuts down on people who smoke coming to my block..and it has cut down on the kids who used to stand in front of the stores who sold the pipes from hangin in front of the store all the time to deal...It has not stopped people from using, but it has cut down some on the muggings for sure!!!

In cases like these one thing follows another. i know what I'm talkin about here...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

and how would you know, are you a crack head ?
and why would it be imposisble ? it just takes a liitle longer
to hit the blood stream.

people smoke it , eat it, inject it...anyway to get it into the system.
People shot up in veriouse places other then the arm.
and why would it have to be glass only?
all that dose is allow the crack head to scrap the pipe if they get hard up.lol
I mean all you have to do is poke holes in soda cans and make a pipe out of it.
are you going after the softdrinks comapanies too ?

okay,out of sight , out of mind..problem solved. Into someone's else
play ground, parks or neighborhood.