Do You Ever Just Wanna

Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do You Ever Just Wanna

Blow a Giant Raspberry in somebodies face just because they are annoying for today? I do today.....I need to center....

I feel like if I can get it out here, I'll be alright......

our receptionist has been here for about 2 years....she doesn't write things down so she asks the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over again......it drives me nuts and today it has just driven me insane!

So before I stick my tounge out at her, I thought I'd come post....

Last edited by Ann; 10-03-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Im probably not the right person to talk to about this.... I would be buying her a cute pen and notepad for Christmas so I could innocently manipulate her into doing what I thought she needed to do.

Good luck!

Cats
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol....I'm training someone like that. I know just what you mean.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Cats)))
Im probably not the right person to talk to about this.... I would be buying her a cute pen and notepad for Christmas so I could innocently manipulate her into doing what I thought she needed to do.
I've typed a sheet up with instructions on it! She asks anyway and when I tell her that it was on that sheet she says, Oh I forgot, since I am here you can just tell me anyway!

Insanity I tell ya, pure insanity!

(((Sherry))) Oh dear, I feel for you. At least I don't have to train her, although at times it feels like it!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ha!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally feel your pain. I'm in the process of training someone for my old position who is drastically underqualified. PAINFUL! Ironically, she writes everything down and yet still comes back with a multitude of questions!

Nevertheless, my boss wanted to promote from within to boost morale. Clearly its not my morale she's concerned with!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I know a few things I'd like to do to a special someone, but unfortunately blowing a raspberry would be too nice LOL :brick Ahhhhhhhh......now that's much better.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

That is why people are CO WORKERS, not FRIENDS... LOL (sometimes they are both but not so much).

We can't choose our co workers but we can go home at night and on days off and enjoy life w/o them!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would tell her when she asked me another question…I would love to tell you but unfortunately I have to run. If you need another copy of the paper I typed for you let me know and I will drop it by to you later. I would walk away as she was talking asking me to stay and say sorry…I have to run.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Being a world class codie, I would do her job for her because it would be "easier" than holding her accountable. I would also question whether she was having trouble following my directions because I was, of course, to blame for not communicating clearly. Then I would get mad at her for not appreciating all I do for her. I would finish by being offended when she received a paycheck for the job I was doing so capably for her!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I probably would give her the raspberry!! lol
Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jwife22 View Post
Blow a Giant Raspberry

Sometimes I blow so hard, I spit all over myself!!!!
But, sometimes a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do!

Colleen
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nevertheless, my boss wanted to promote from within to boost morale. Clearly its not my morale she's concerned with!!

Laura, Glad you came here to let it out...I should have done that yesterday. I had a huge mail merge job with stats I was pulling from a database and keeping it in order was a priority. I went to the printer and the office busybody was going through it, laying papers all over the place. I wanted to do more than blow a rasberry...Arrghhh
Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Laura,

You should make a little stack of those sheets you made for her, and either have them on your desk (you can hand her one each time she comes to you) or put them on HER desk with a nice note. ("You may want to stick one of these up on your wall, as they seem to be getting misplaced") Maybe a hundred of them, just for emphasis

I have an obnoxious friend who says, "Look with your eyes, not with your mouth" (try to figure it out for yourself before you ask me, in other words) I hate when he says it to ME, but I have to admit it's made me think every time I take up someone else's time to do things that I could easily do myself if I just put a little more effort into it.

Raspberries work too! Maybe this is a strange way of trying to make friends with you. I've worked with someone who was that clueless before

XOX
GL
Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you're unpleasant to her, she'll think twice about asking dumb questions...