I'm at it again!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm at it again!

Wondering how AD is doing, if her leg is healing or getting worse. It's only been 3 days, Rome wasn't built in a day. But, I am a mom and a you-know-what (Codie). I've thought of calling to check, but she is 23 years old! They will let me know of an emergency, and I need to let go and let God continue his work, right? I sent her a card today, she is allowed mail from immediate family.

Obsessing, wondering, no fear or worry, just the other side of not knowing, not as bad as when she wasn't safe, but I still wonder.

Thanks, I feel better saying it!!
susan

Last edited by caileesnana; 10-02-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: entire message!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

oh susan....i feel ya! hugs, k
Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((SUSAN))))

I would call. 3 days is long. I know Ann will hit me with a bunny Slipper but you do not have to take it on, control it or whatever.. Just call say hi how are you. You will sleep better and that is it. You do not have to not talk to her. Just set boundaries. Her side and yours. Do not mix hers with yours or yours with hers... but calling is ok to see how she is.

Now I am ducking before Ann hits me with a Bunny slipper...

Love,
Broken
Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would probably call also-just a polite check? Better duck-steel toed bunny slippers I heard. Ouch!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think the card is a great idea.
Imagine it reaching her at just the right time,when she needs some encouragement.

(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Susan, Last night I was laying in bed and saying my prayers for my daughter. Only last night I could not think of what to say. I was honest with God that I was losing hope for my daughter. Right after my prayer I heard my husband on the phone and he was talking to someone. Curious I got out of bed and headed for the kitchen. He was talking to our daughter. He very seldom ever calls but for some reason felt the need to call her last night. I talked to her for a few minutes and I know that she is in a bad spot. But I think that God answered my prayers for some hope. I felt better after I knew that she is still okay. So maybe a call will ease your mind. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know that Kasey is okay. Hugs, Marle
Old 10-02-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just wanna say Thanks for this thread, now I understand why MIL calls me at work to ask how things are, and when I dont indicate she says and Hows ____. She's a mom she still wants to know from a distance
Old 10-02-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thank you dear friends. I called, just asked how she was adjusting and about her burn. He said she was doing wonderfully, the mayor was there on Sunday for some award ceremony and Kasey was introduced and enjoyed the 'party'. He said she had been looking for a job, was doing well and partipating at both meetings yesterday, however, he didn't know about her leg. He will check it out and if I do not hear anything, all is well!

Plus, he told me to read Co Dependent No More. I told I do, every day, plus my Bibile, and One Day at a Time in Al Anon. I told him I really was MUCH better than I was, but I'm still her mother!

Thanks again,
susan
Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Susan,
You sound like you are doing pretty well. I'm glad you called Kasey and she is doing well. I think you can put your mind at ease now. I think an occasional call is a good thing. She also needs to know that you are supporting her. Right now all she has is her mom. No matter what we are still mothers and that is what mothers do.

Hugs to you and Kasey...........Lo
Old 10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

No fear of the bunny slippers, I think calling was a nice thing to do.

It's okay to do what moms do, ya know, and if our child has been sick or injured, it's a mom thing to call and say hello.

The times I had to stop myself were times when I was calling to "check up" on him or when I was calling every day, sometimes two or three times. Yup, I was obsessive too and I think I had phone withdrawals when I finally stopped.

I'm glad she was okay and all was well over there.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Aw, I can understand right where you are. I have been there so many times.
Things iwll be ok.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's a mom thing, wanting to know if they are OK. Even if she were not an addict I would want to know. I'm glad you called , it makes you feel better.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad they gave you some information Susan and that it helped you feel better. I enjoyed the peace when my daughter was in rehab...knowing she was safe, but at the same time, during the blackout period, I looked forward to the call from her counselor letting me know how things were going. I don't think we'd be moms without wondering and missing them.
I hope you are making some special "me" time now...you deserve it after all the stress and drama.
Hugs
Old 10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahhh, I'm glad you called, no matter how many times she messes up, she's still your daughter, and no matter how bad we mess up and you are there for us, we still worry that we may lose our mom's. I think cuz we need them so bad.

My mom just recently helped me with something where I was screwed (my car got stolen and it was pretty much my fault), I was a mess, and it was a lot of $$ to get it all straightened out.
And of course like clock work she remained calm while I was hysterical stuck by myself in East LA at night w/no money, no cell phone, nothing, (all in my car) lol, and she helped me fix it and get home, and I'm feeling like such an idiot, and she says, You need to know there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, I think you forget that sometimes..
We do forget it all the time, especially when we mess up...
I dunno why?
Good choice to call.