Notices

Hello l am new here

Old 10-01-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello l am new here

I am not sure if I am in the right place to post or l belong somewhere else. I know this deals with Alcoholics, but l am not the Alcoholic here, it is my spouse. I am the one that is looking for the support for myself.
I have anxiety/panic issues that I am being treated for and have my own support that I rely on, but in my spouse's case, this is my third relationship and at the beginning it was wonderful and slowly but surely the true colors have shown me that he is just like the other men in my life. The same pattern just different men.

I have been in Therapy for over two years now and I know the red flags and the signs but in this case, l was either so blinded or chose to ignore them, but l am one to face life head on now after refusing to date for a year to make sure my head was on straight and then to find out once again I fell for the same personality type l was actively trying to avoid.

My girlfriend told me she sees this going no where but ending and it is only when l am ready and l say to him that it is over.

So with all the depression and anxiety l have, l was hoping to reach out to the right place to get some advice.

Thank you, Chelle63
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are seeking answers....

Welcome to SR!

Here is a link full of iinfo and support

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/

Take care...you will soon see you are not alone.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's the painful truth hun,

My fiance took all the crap I dished out for 5 years. Blinded by love and whatever else. She did everything she could to get me to stop drinking. She tried and exhausted every option in the book. She is now the second fiance I've had who left me because she couldn't get me to stop drinking.

I would've let her stand there and live like that forever as long as she was letting me do what I was doing.

And it's not that I don't love her. Sometimes I still cry when I think about it. It's only been a month and a half. All the love in the world, and every effort made by her couldn't get me to stop drinking.

Fact is, I lost all of it. My house, her, my two birds, lost 3 cars.
and was almost homeless, because she got the strength to stop being my enabler.

I am the only person in this world who will get me to stop drinking.

I feel for you, I really do, but it sounds like it's the same pond with just a different fish.

All you can do is take care of yourself and don't let it turn you into a victim.

Many best wishes for you and for him and thanks for posting that
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you found us, take a look around the forums find your niche, wherever that is you are very Welcome.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome,

You'll find lots of support here.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, chelle. my daughter is an alcoholic/addict and alanon meetings really help me. keep posting, k
Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Smile

Originally Posted by chelle63 View Post
I have anxiety/panic issues that I am being treated for and have my own support that I rely on, ........... he is just like the other men in my life. The same pattern just different men.

So with all the depression and anxiety l have, l was hoping to reach out to the right place to get some advice.

Thank you, Chelle63
Welcome to SR. You are in the right place. We care about you!