Update

Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Update

So much has been going on I don't know where to start.....
OK AD has over 100 days clean, working hard at school and has her fried Neon back up and running. It was supposed to be in the junk yard. Her mechanic at school got another Neon to use for parts and switched over what was needed to get it going. She's thrilled and can now go for a job. The job she had here terminated her as she could not get home to get to work. That's the short version. She came home for almost a week two weeks ago, to try and finish up paperwork that she thought she could finish over weekends when she was home to work. She couldn't get home with no car and also needed the rest of her clothes etc. for school .
On the home front, I now have her bf living here for a few days during the week. Huh??
He was living with roommates and one roommate brought in his daughter and using bf, they were stealing everyone blind. Bf was sleeping on the floor on everything he owned trying to keep it and slept in the car a few nights. Most of his stuff moved into her room here for safe keeping. I let him stay while she was home and he asked if he could stay when she went back to school. He's only here three nights a week and has done a lot of guy type chores for me to pay for his keep. He'll only be here another week and I'll miss the help.
At first I thought it was very codie of me to have him here, but over the years a lot of her friends and mine too, have stayed here either just for a night or in one case a couple weeks until she got her life sorted out. I would have never before thought it was codie to help someone who needed it. Now I find I examine my motives for helping people.
Me?? I've been busy at work, busy at home, spent a few days driving ad back and forth to school, took a day to go shopping with a friend and a day to just get out and enjoy the wonderful weather that I know will not last.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Blue, Thanks for the update. Glad to see that you and your daughter are both doing well. Love those happy updates. Gives me hope that one day I will be able to share some happy news. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-30-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for the update.you sound as if you are ok.i do not think u are enableing the b.f. he is helping u while u r helping him.it does not mean u can not help your friends. it means we can not help our addicts while they use their money to get high on & stay with us rent free & bing all thier problems to dump on us.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love good news too, Blue. Sounds like you're doing pretty good yourself.

Hugs to both you and your daughter, you both made my day
Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blue..how nice. I am very happy your daughter is finding her way. You also seem to be doing very well yourself. Life is good...eh?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Blue,
Sounds like things are going pretty well. Some relief....finally. Keep up the good work and keep the bf working for you. It's nice to have a handyman around the house.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear good news! Keep in touch
Prayers,
susan