Notices

So sick of being so sick )-:

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Unhappy So sick of being so sick )-:

Hi everone

I think I have hit rock bottom (or close to it, anyway). I am so tired of the horrific hangovers, terrible diarrhea, upset stomach, nausia, weakness, dizzyness, anxiety, washed-out feeling, etc. I have arrived at a place in my life where I just can't live like this any more. I feel like I am slowly dieing inside (and that's exactly what I AM doing). Even the Naltrexone I once used to curb my cravings is beginning to lose it's effect.

The day before yesterday I was up until 2:00AM drinking one beer after another and finally went to sleep. Yesterday, I drank about 5 beers and this morning I feel like a weak, limp, floppy, washed out rag doll. I have managed to stay sober for varying amounts of time in the past (even 28 days once). I know that feeling of of being in control of your life and having it "together" rather than feeling like a big, sloppy drunk. I know how EXCELLENT it feels to be SOBER and I want so desperately to get back there just as badly as Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ wanted to get back to Kansas. I don't own a pair of ruby red glass slippers but regardless...

There's no place like sobriety...there's no place like sobriety...there's no place like........

- Need4Change
Old 09-30-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Need4, you can do it! Do you go to AA or anything?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi!
I'm new here too (Day 7 today) I see you have already made numerous posts on here, so no doubt you already know that the people on here are really fantastic and supportive.
It sounds like you really do need to quit.
You've come to the right place. You'll find good company and advice here. You can do it! Let us know how you get on.
Good luck!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober But Struggling

I'm in the same boat as you.
Got to my wits end again a few days ago.
I'm doing good so far.
The withdrawal stinks. But, The thought of accomplishing what I've been wanting for a long time should be worth it.

Good Luck to You. Keep coming back here.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One thought.........this can be the last time you EVER have to go through withdrawls EVER! Quit fighting it. Have any of yall thought of AA?? It was the answer for me.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Like said above. This is the last time you ever have to feel like this.
And thats is the truth.
Be good to yourself. get over this hump. Because you will feel better.
Than you will be on your way.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

I've often described being an alcoholic like someone holding your head under water until your lungs feel like they are about to burst - over and over again for hours on end and then repeating the "session" every day or so. After so many years of being nearly "drowned" (in alcohol) and then coming up "gasping for air" (the hangover), your mind and body just wants the torture to stop once and for all.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this little analogy. My head feels really wierd and foggy right now...pickled, you might say. Tommorow?...uhhhhhh....

- Need4Change
Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

got a plan to help you quit and stay quit this time?

There IS hope for you. You can get better.
Others have, and so can you.

AA works for me. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You never have to use again one day at a time. My advice would be attend some meetings. Never alone Never again.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep posting! Please give yourself the gift of the support of this community! I will keep you in my prayers!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do this. However, you may have to accept that you're way isn't working and try a new approach. You may find meetings very helpful.

The part about finding sobriety is the willingness to go to ANY lengths.

You never have to feel like this again. You can stop those horrible hangovers (and they will get worse). You can find a whole new life that doesn't involve alcohol.

As I'm finding out, there is life beyond alcohol and it is pretty darn good. Sure, sobriety doesn't guarantee that everything will be perfect, in fact, probably far from it. However, my worse day sober is still a million times better than my best day drinking. It doesn't even begin to compare. People used to tell me this and I didn't believe it but it is true.

Keep reaching out. Never give up hope! You don't have to go through this alone!

*hugs*