Notices

Please Help Me...

Old 09-29-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Please Help Me...

Hello,

I never ask people for help. I am a very independent woman, mid 40's, with a professional career and my own business. I am well respected in the community and make a very good living. I have started to use cocaine.

I experimented for a while after college (early 20's) and have not done it for years. A friend of mine came over several weeks ago and I accepted a "toot". I also remembered how we used to lace a cigarette with cocaine so I wanted to do that. I have now gone back for seconds, thirds, and beyond.

Last night, I don't know what triggered it -- but I went to that "friends" house and got more. I have been up all night...this time smoking it. I could not put it down until it was gone. I did a whole lot. I am SO afraid.

My breathing is shallow and I have now not slept for an entire day. I don't know what to do..but I know that I cannot continue down this road.

Please help me somebody. Please help me.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have come to the right resource for finding help. I found this place only 5 days ago.I don't know much about drug addiction.I will leave that up to the professionals. I do know however that you will find lots of support and motivation here. Welcome aboard and just post. I have found that I am definitely not alone in my battle and you won't be either.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Elle,

Addiction doesn't discriminate as far as age, social class or anything else. I was also in my mid-forties when addiction blindsided me and led me into a horrible downward spiral. If you are really concerned about your physical situation, please go to a dr or to the ER.

You will find lots of support and information here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Elle!
Welcome aboard! I don't know anything about cocaine addicition but I'm sure there are others on here who do.
You'll be in good company here. Everyone's so friendly and supportive and their's lots of good advice. Check out the substance abuse section, if you already havn't seen it.
I'm an alcoholic and today is my 6th day on the wagon. I've always tried quitting on my own before (I don't like asking for help either) and it never really worked. However this time I'm optamistic and I feel that with the help from the great people on here I'm going to get better.
Let us know how you get on. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Elle,

Having your fear about addiction is a good thing...You know you really don't want to be in the grips of addiction...

Coming here is a great way to express your fears and we are here to support you.

Keep posting....
Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to sR!

You may have missed this...it's quite informative

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...640436,00.html

I can tell you this...addiction will strip you of all you value.
Please quit quickly.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
outtahere

It would be smart to quit while you still can before it destroys you!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

All I can say is stop now while you still can.
If I knew then (14 years ago)..what I know now.
I would have stopped before I even started.
That drug has taken everything from me time and time again. Made me do things unspeakable.
Snorting is bad enough. But smoking it is just a whole new level of evil destruction.
I have seen the best of the best lose EVERYTHING in a matter of months. Things that has taken a lifetime of hard work to acheive.
Yes peeple like you that have their own businesses...Acres and acres of land with huge houses sitting on it.
Please get out while you still have a chance.
I can not put into words how evil cocaine is.
I hope you find your way and run as fast as you can from that crap. More inpotantly...You need to steer clear from people that use.
Welcome...Glad you found us.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome Ellie, a great 1st Step

Kevin
Old 09-29-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Is A Girl

try and keep busy, and AVOID THIS FRIEND AT ALL COSTS.

give her any excuse it doesnt matter, just dont think throwing it all away will be worth sparing her feelings.

if you get the urge, go for a walk, or call up a friend or relative, or go to the movies or anything that isnt just you sitting in the house.

try and spend time around people (obviously not users and dealers)

if you find that its just before you go to bed you want it the most, it might be worth going to the dr and asking for sleeping pills.

i hope that helped

Love,
Max x
Old 09-29-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Ellie.
I feel for you. I just found this site today, and it is a godsend. I am mid 40's and started to have this issue. Stinks! But, I know that this site will help me.

Thanks!
:o)
Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Ellie - and welcome to SR

Welcome, also - Pinkster !

I hope you'll both keep posting as well as reading the stickies at the top of the forums. There's many people here the same age, situation ... we try to help each other.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wink Hi

I hope you know how many people around you that love and care for you. We all fall down and do things we know is not good for us. Accept the fact you made a mistake, and that you are still a wonderful person. You can make it! Your life will continue without that horrible drug. Of course it may be a struggle, but as long as you know you want to make a change in your life, work for that change! No one here will look at you differently if you fall again. None of us are perfect and we don't expect you to be. Just keeping wanting that change! Know that nothing can control you! You were happy without cocaine before....you will be happy and strong again! We are here for you!