I'm back again

Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sweet Christmas secrets

I'm back again

for each and every one of you, remember to hug yourself often and believe in the importance of YOU.

update on Nuffy..
alcoholic drug addicted step daughter has not been heard from since January. I have mixed emotions about it...scared for her because I know this means she is totally immersed in her addictions, but at peace knowing I am not at fault and no one can change her life but her . this drama is all hers and I am not paying the price of admission to this particular dance any more.

youngest son ( adopted child born to alcoholic drug addicted step daughter for those that do not know or do not remember) unfortunately is trying to follow in her shoes. this summer he has paid for his little journey form the previous summer ( running away , using drugs including meth as believed by the authorities. ) He has had to appear before a probation officer and because of his poor attitude that first day, has had to see a PO every 2 weeks and has had random **** tests, mandated outpatient therapy. All of this has given us a rather peaceful summer. Altho on the last weekend before school started he snuck out of the house and got drunk with his buddies. one of whom called me at 2 am and asked in his drunken slur if my son could stay the night. I insisted we were coming to pick him up right away, by the time we got there, he was gone, his friend said he had no idea where he went. fortunately for him another "buddy" had brought him home. He puked all over the porch, they ended up with one of my dogs locked on the porch where he dutifully cleaned up the unfortunate mess, and then my dog was drunk. My son was passed out on the couch. as we walked in he was laying on his back , puking , not making any attempt to roll sideways . Its a good thing we came home when we did and not try to find him not knowing where he may be. SO while I have seen no evidence of drug use this summer ( I know that does not mean he is has not used drugs I am not dumb enuff to think that) he has switched to alcohol .
We are trying to deal. the worst part for us in this mess was the adults that provided the drugs to him and provided a place for him to hide when literally hundreds of people were looking for him by land and by air, his birth mothers half brother and his girlfriend, living in a METH LAB , the charges that were brought against them by the troopers to the DA, were set aside due to the fact the main trooper was being sent to IRAQ and will not be available for a trial. SO for now those adults are getting off scot free! for providing drugs to a minor. How frustrating !!!

and theres more to stress about ...my dads wife may be dying due to neglect from a surgical procedure. He can not take care of her due to his own medical issues.

BUT.
I know where to go for support. .. and for that I am oh so grateful.
Thanks to all for being here.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww. Nuf, it's good to see you again but I'm so sorry that all the chaos continues.

How about you? How are you surviving all this? You have always amazed me with your strength and courage and I really hope you are taking very good care of you.

Big Hugs and Welcome Back
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
krhea75

Wow,
You could write a book. Hang in there. You sound like your head is on straight.
krhea
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((nufznuf))))

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear from ya. Stay strong.
Many prayers for you and your family.

hugs,
Linda
Old 09-27-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Awww Nuf, glad to see you bad, sorry about your troubles.
We're all here for you....

Big hugs coming your way....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you. I'm sorry things are bad for you. Hopefully, you son will soon see what his future is going to be! Seems like the adults should be in trouble, here in TX that is a huge NO NO! People like them hurt lots of kids, not that they intend to, but they do. Some of my daughters earliest problems were because of the "good parents".

susan
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Nuf ! Glad to see you. Isn't this place terrific ? I love that we can come here 24/7 and we'll be welcomed with open arms... and there are people here who totally understand our "stuff" no matter what.

Love and hugs
Cats
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((nuf))

Welcome home. Sure have missed you! Grab a cup of coffee, twist someone's arm for a danish or some cake, (you know which ones can cook), pull up that chair with the nice soft cushion on it, and stay a while.

It's good to see you back, (and bad, but really good)

Hugs
B
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Nuf))))) Geez I'm sorry for all the drama...but I sure am glad you know where to come...Just knowing that my SR friends understand and care is huge....

Sending lots of hugs...I hope things turn more peaceful again soon.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cmc

((( Nuf )))
It's nice to have you back with us. Sorry for all that's happening with the family right now. Yep, this is the place to be among recovery friends who understand.
Take care.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((BIG HUG)))

Saying tons of prayers for you. So sorry you are going through so much.

-Broken
Old 09-29-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

nuf, glad to see you. i hate it that you are still having all the things going on with you but glad to know you know where to come.recovery is great.i am sorry about your dads wife. i will say a pray for your family.don't be a stranger,keep coming back.hugs, hope