Notices

9th week sober and still NOTHING...

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9th week sober and still NOTHING...

By NOTHING i mean.. No desire to drink, no meetings attended after my first week, never felt sick without the drink, NOTHING...

Just a bit confusing to me, I know for a FACT I'm an alcoholic but have had no real hardships in quiting.

I do enjoy not having to go to the ATM machine every day, or seeing liqour store charges on my bank statements on almost a daily basis... I've been around alcohol many times in these past couple months and had no temptation..

One of my best drinking buddies was moving out of town a few weeks ago and at his farewell party he was just about begging me to have a few farewell drinks with him "for old times sake".. But NO WAY.. No desire

I'm truely sorry for all who are struggling with staying sober but in a sense I can't relate.. I don't know ithat I wish I could relate, all I know is that it has been too easy

I also know I don't ever want to drink again and can tell everyone that reads this that life is SOOO much better without alcohol..

I still come on this site once in a while but like I said, I just feel like I can't relate much of the time..

Thanks for listening, I guess I should feel blessed to not have to go through the hell some of you are going through
Old 09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guess you don't need us MacPhisto.
congrats on your sobriety.

D
Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're lucky!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Be grateful...

You know where to find us if the desire comes back...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I often feel like you, but I worry that maybe I'm getting too complacent, and that it'll sneak up on me like it did when I relapsed a year ago. I'm not really wanting to work the program at the moment. I feel like as I've gone 10 months, I'm cured, safe and I don't need to work at it.

Hope whatever you decide is the right choice for you. Best wishes
Old 09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe your not a real Alcoholic!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was thinking of you recently, Macphisto. It's good to see you.

As Mike said, be grateful, and please - remember where to find us if and when the desire to drink returns.

I'm glad you're enjoying your sobriety.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes all.. I'm not in any way saying I'm not an alcoholic, to the contrary, I know I'm definately an alcoholic and need to always remember that so that this doesn't sneak back into my life.

And I definately did need this board in the early days because it gave me such inpiration to quit and to know that I could do it. I'm gratefull for that I will continue to post once in a while and maybe offer some help to other people looking to quit.

thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you are doing so well!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Be careful Macphisto, watch out for hubris!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

let us know how that works for you.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

nice mcphisto! good job.
ive been saying that the majority of people w/addictions overcome it on their own. it's just that we never hear about them because they don't need to reach out for support, so i appreciate you taking the time and effort to drop in and share your story.

keep up the sobriety!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Originally Posted by Afraid2Succeed View Post
nice mcphisto! good job.
ive been saying that the majority of people w/addictions overcome it on their own. it's just that we never hear about them because they don't need to reach out for support, so i appreciate you taking the time and effort to drop in and share your story.

keep up the sobriety!

i couldnt disagree more, but hey to each their own. as far as dude saying "in the early days" when he's still in early recovery...my best wishes. doesnt mean im right...i just know what I have to do. and if i tried to overcome my addiction on my own id be living under a bridge drinking king cobra talking to myself.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

just speaking for myself! not here to agree or disagree with what someone does on their own because it is their own experience and you cant argue with that! but i would always hear people say at meetings that the first year was a gift! when i was in my first year ithought, what a load of bs, gift my butt!! but as i stayed sober the harder it got for me! i forgot where i came from, the pain caused from alcohol was gone! then i was stuck living life on lifes terms and that was the hard part. i think in the second step the hoop we have to jump through is alot wider then we thought? dont quote me. i got cocky and after 3 years i drank! now i am in that first year that i said i would never do again! ha!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yep, for THIS alcoholic

getting sober is easy.

staying sober is harder.

And, nope. I don't relate to many people's problems either, but I DO relate to working for the solution. And for me, in order to maintain the zeal of sobriety, I HAVE to help others achieve sobriety.

Its like returning a generosity of a gift freely given.

I tried just grabbing my sobriety and carrying on with MY life, MY sobriety and guess what? My active alcoholism did not progress, but MY character defects progressed quite nicely.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ive been saying that the majority of people w/addictions overcome it on their own.
Yep they sure do overcome it on thier own! They die! I am not saying that people do not overcome addictions on their own, I know for a fact they do, my father is amoung the few that have.

But if that statement were true then why do we have so many people here seeking support and so many others dying every day from drug addiction & alcoholism.

Heck the person who opined on the subject is here seeking support!

BTW Mcphisto I wish you all the best, keep in mind that the beast is cunning, baffling, & powerful, hopefully it will not jump up & bite you in the butt! I pray you are like my dad, he was an alcoholic and remained sober for 19 years until he died of natural causes.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

WOW.. Reading more responses it's obvious that some people on here want me to be miserable, working a program or I'm bound to fail.. It's your way or no way right..

I'm out of here for good, you people pretend to give support but upon hearing that someone is doing good without your programs or going through the pain you've gone through you turn negative

"Chicago".. you can go crawl out of the hole you came out of.. if you have nothing positive to say you should keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself.. Just because you're simmering in self pity doesn't mean everyone else should join you

Thanks for all that actually gave encouraging words
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks for dropping in Macphisto.

Are u a Mac guy?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Sorry you haven't recieved the responses you want.

Can I ask why AA makes you miserable? I'm very new to AA and am interested to hear why it isn't for you.

I can only talk from experience, and I'm finding that its getting harder and harder to stay sober. Hopefully thats just a temporary thing and I can get back on track soon.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Pride is a funny thing.

Why are we so obessed with getting sober without help ?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I quickly discovered saving my ass was a lot more important saving than my face.

Hey, McPhisto, I'm happy for you. Really I am.