Notices

Man I needed that

Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Man I needed that

So I have 48 hours and I just got back from the first meeting I have been to in four months. I can probably count on both hands the number of meetings I have gone to but I am really really glad I went. I just wish I could somehow make the feeling i had when I left the meeting last all day. I think I tended to see meetings as fire extinguishers up until now. I would end a binge frightened then go to a few meetings then say to myself "Ok this crisis is over, ill be ok now". I can see now that this isnt going to work anymore. I need to find a way to get to a meeting every single day from now on. I'm still pretty scared that this is just going to be another trip around the merry go round. I dont want to have to hit an even lower bottom than I already have in order to finally get it. I am so greatful to everyone who answered my post this morning. It gave me the strength I needed to walk back through those doors toady. I am so glad I did.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got to that meeting. Fear is healthy, just don't let it keep you from doing the do things. Keep moving forward, and keep posting.

Rowan
Old 09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's all about today. good job! k
Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

so true

I really do just have to worry about today huh. God that is so simple but so hard to remember I think I have a hard time with simple answers becuase I am looking for answers that are as complicated as how I make things out to be. Thanks for the support guys. I am going to keep coming and keep posting.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope that you do continue to post! Coming here is a great supplement to my AA meetings.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR downhill, glad you've joined us.

I didn't care much for meetings at first, the people in AA scared me and admitting I had a problem frightened me even more. But I could see hope in the rooms so I kept going back every day. Over two years later I still go every day, it's become my home and safe place, the love and warmth I find in AA has given me a life I used to dream about.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dh, a crisis, dunno about that, for me, what i do know... i'm a alk'y, i'm spozed to want to drink...

if i dont just for the day, my job at do'n battle with it is done...

just for the day...

the rooms of A.A. are stil a huge part of my recovery...

as far as the fire...

its under my ass... lol

for recovery...

keep come'n dh...

all good wishes...

zip