a little ray of light.....

Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a little ray of light.....

I have posted a lot about my situation here lately.....well, most recently I told my ABF yesterday that I need space away from him, and I cant be with him b/c of his drinking.....

Well, with all of the sadness I have been feeling, came a little ray of light--I almost felt like this was meant to happen today & not any earlier, because today--for the first time-- I was ready for it to happen....I somehow got the courage to release my AH from my life & decided he wont be allowed to hurt me anymore....today I was ready to think about ME....

Well, I got a phone call for a job that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want (a 2nd interview). I had been waiting for weeks to hear from them, and had basically given up. It is my absolute dream job & it is one in a million chance that it is available to me (with no prior experience required).

I haven't had a job since February (!) -- partially because I was so 'co-dependently' wrapped up in my ABFs problems.....
Also, the job is in the Art/design field....a career field my AH dad belittled, and pushed me away from for years. I even compromised and got my entire 4 year degree in a field I hated, just because my AH-dad thought it was more "prestigious" and acceptable to him.

Well, I finally got the courage to realize and say, this is what I want to do I don't care if my dad thinks it's a crappy job with no future....being artistic makes me happy!
AND....
I finally realized I need to live my life.....not my ABF's

I feel like this job signifies the beginning of a new life FOR ME (for once). I am preparing to undo the isolation I created around myself & also to become myself thru finding & doing what I love & what makes me happy

I feel like this might be a really stupid thing to ask for prayers for, as I know there are many people here who have much more significant pains/problems....but if you can, I would more than appreciate ANY prayers for me & this job....

Thanks for listening again
much love, Stephanie
Old 09-26-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you kidding?! This is a job you would love to have, in a field you love, and it will help you in your new life! Of course there are prayers coming your way! How very exciting for you ... keep us posted.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats...

good god almighty..if i get a job offer in the field of art or
music it would be like heaven.

imagin that... getting paid for doing something you love
a way to let your heart shine and freely express yourself
and being yourself, living your dreams and not being a pond
in someone else nightmairs.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I feel like this might be a really stupid thing to ask for prayers for, as I know there are many people here who have much more significant pains/problems....but if you can, I would more than appreciate ANY prayers for me & this job....
Nope not a stupid thing at all to ask for prayers-it is a wonderful thing! Sending prayers to you at this time for you to find peace and serenity in your life ...if that includes the job then so be it!

I believe that we see that ray of light and know that it is time to walk away from them, it gives an awakening to see what we are doing to ourselves. Which in my eyes is more important than what they are doing to themselves.

We can only change and grow within ourselves-everyone else has the choice to do the same-I feel if someone is not willing to change and their lives and it beings to affect mine, I will no longer welcome them into my life. I choose what is acceptable and unacceptable!

I'm glad that you see the ray of light! Let is keep shining on you....
Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have my prayers too.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And me too! Sending a load of positive thoughts your way. A great new part-time job and these studies I have recently embarked on have really helped me now. All the best!

ARL
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

How wonderful! Will add my prayers too! You deserve it....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WOW thank you everyone!! you are all so kind & I very much appreciate the support

Hugs to you all for thinking of me

~Steph
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trust HP. HP won't steer you wrong. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck Layla!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by Layla2222 View Post
I feel like this job signifies the beginning of a new life FOR ME (for once). I am preparing to undo the isolation I created around myself & also to become myself thru finding & doing what I love & what makes me happy
I truly believe that all things happen for a reason. Although sometimes I don't realize this while going through a chellenging situation, it normally occurs to me in hindsight. I also believe the same applies to 'timing' of events as well.

I truly hope you get the job that you are so excited about. And I also believe that even if that doesn't happen for you right now, it will still be ok. This is a signal, or a clue as to what direction you should proceed in....doing what 'Stephanie' loves and what makes 'her' happy....in 'her soul'!!

I've found when I am happy, there is far less room inside of me to accept 'anyone's' unacceptable behavior or negative thoughts or views of my life. I'm just too busy concentrating on me and being happy! I wish the same for you!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Add my prayers for you in there also.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck, Stephanie!!!!!
There is always, always, always the possibility of finding work that you love that also pays the bills. It sounds like you have found it, and congrats to you for finally shaking off dad's disapproval. When I finally shook off an old life (and an old, prestigious, but soul-sucking job) and starting doing work I cared about, I found that my life-energy tripled, and I loved waking up every morning...no matter what the "man in my life" did or didn't choose to do. We humans are creatures who need involvement in something we give a damn about. It's YOUR life -- go live it!!