Next step

Old 09-25-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Next step

Well.... I am reading the book (Beyond the Affair) I figured one of us should. I have only read about six pages (in bed last night) and am sure this will be helpful. I however also plan to contact an atterney. I am afraid to look at the account today because I am sure it's in overdraft.

Here is that fine line..... I can start moving things so they are protected but if I do that he doesn't see what he is doing or the consiqwences. But.... If I don't then I too have to deal with those consiqwences.

So..... I want to know how I can best protect my self and what my rights are. Not sure that I am ready to file but I guess I need to at least know the facts so I can be ready when the time comes.

I have a call into the Doctor to get back on the anti depressents and hope to hear from him today. I need them. The feeling in my chest is there again today. No one should have to feel like this.

D
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by lostnfound1961 View Post
Well.... I am reading the book (Beyond the Affair) I figured one of us should. I have only read about six pages (in bed last night) and am sure this will be helpful. I however also plan to contact an atterney. I am afraid to look at the account today because I am sure it's in overdraft.

Here is that fine line..... I can start moving things so they are protected but if I do that he doesn't see what he is doing or the consiqwences. But.... If I don't then I too have to deal with those consiqwences.

So..... I want to know how I can best protect my self and what my rights are. Not sure that I am ready to file but I guess I need to at least know the facts so I can be ready when the time comes.

I have a call into the Doctor to get back on the anti depressents and hope to hear from him today. I need them. The feeling in my chest is there again today. No one should have to feel like this.

D

Did you maybe think until you speak to the Attorney of starting your own account with your name only on it so that you can rest easier knowing that there is money in there for the bills etc...? Something to think about!

Blessings to you
Reading is good! Keep going!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Rella. If it comes down to a choice between letting the addict suffer consequences and protecting yourself, protecting yourself should come first. Also, just know that the more you untangle and detach, the more consequences he will feel.

(((())))

L
Old 09-25-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here is that fine line..... I can start moving things so they are protected but if I do that he doesn't see what he is doing or the consiqwences.
Of course he does - the consequence is he has no access to the money. What adult would welcome that?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am glad you are going to a lawyer. It should help just knowing your rights. I wish you strength!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I called the bank and opened the account. I just need to stop by and sign the signature card on my way home. Part of the reason I have been ansy about this is because I didn't want to point bills to the account SO..... I need to turn off the auto payments that come in. Thats all.

Thank you everyone for being there for me. I don't know what I would have done without you.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay! Good for you. I think it is important not only to do the right thing for yourself, but to recognize yourself for doing it. So, please take a moment to reflect on your positive step in the right direction and congratulate yourself.

L
Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keepingmyjoy

Good job! The antidepressant will help...hang in there...you're doing great!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I called the bank and opened the account. I just need to stop by and sign the signature card on my way home. Part of the reason I have been ansy about this is because I didn't want to point bills to the account SO..... I need to turn off the auto payments that come in. Thats all.

Thank you everyone for being there for me. I don't know what I would have done without you.
for doing this I bet you feel better!? Very proud of you! Go sign that card ....and take 15 minutes to change all the bills! I have done it is not that hard it is a welcome change knowing that you will have that money to pay the bills and it will be one less stress!

Keep going your doing good! Be gentle with yourself!