Courage to Change ~ Sept 25

Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Courage to Change ~ Sept 25

Courage to Change ODAT in Al-Anon II

I find myself taking Step Three over and over again. Unfortunately, I often wait until a problem starts to overwhelm me before I finally give in and turn it over to my Higher Power. Nevertheless, today I am striving to place my entire will and life in my Higher Power’s hands with the willingness to accept His or Her will for me, no matter what.

The awareness I have gained in Al Anon lets me know that my way has seldom worked in the past. It’s only when I let go and trust the inner voice that quietly nudges me in the direction of my Higher Power’s choosing that my life becomes fulfilling.

Today’s Reminder:

Is there an area in my life that I treat as though it were too important to turn over to a Higher Power? Are my efforts to control that area making my life better and more manageable? Are they doing any good at all?

I can hold on to my will until the situation becomes so painful that I am forced to submit, or I can put my energy where it can do me some good right no, and surrender to my Higher Power’s care.

“I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.” Martin Luther
Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Great share Cat I'm working on this and getting better everyday progress not perfection!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat for this share... I often will attempt to arrange, organize, basically control things to my liking. I have a plan all mapped out in my head and on paper but seldom does it ever turn out looking the way I intended it to look. Organizing, mapping things out, planning ahead has been ingrained in me since a child. That is how I dealt with things that were beyond my control. Its a hard habit to break. What I try and do now is make a plan, then try and come up with an alternative plan, then pray about those plans and ask HP for the guidance and wisdom to help bring things to fruition. When I'm able to give it over it does take the anxiety and the edge off me. Thanks for reminding me to continue to have faith that HP will see those plans through in my life for the greater good of me and my family.
Have a great day.
Peace,
Shaun