Just venting.....and proud of my boy!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Wink Just venting.....and proud of my boy!

Hi guys,
Just need to vent for a minute or two here to avoid a very STRONG desire to call up exah and blast him with both barrels..........:AR15firin

But first I want to brag on middle son. He was running fast in the wrong direction last fall when he first moved to school....drinking and clubbing. Joined a fraternity. Had me really worried. But he decided to straighten himself up. He just told me that he got arrested by the campus police in February for underage consumption, and that he hadn't told me about it because he wanted to wait until it was 'all over'. Meaning he had paid the $650.00 fine and was off probation. I think he was a little surprised when I told him how proud I was of him for handling it himself; for paying for it and doing the right thing without asking someone else to bail him out of trouble. Made me smile.

Now on to the venting........ his dad cornered him at the store (our old store where he now works for oldest son) and quacked at him for about a half hour about all manner of foolishness. Exah has turned his attention to the middle son because our oldest won't have anything to do with the drama anymore. His dad wouldn't give him the time of day and now suddenly he is dad's best buddy! (NOT!!)

Among other things he got to hear all about how exah is not a drug addict because you "can't get high on lortab" and listen to him making all sorts of excuses for why he uses, and for why he snorts the stuff. (Told our son that it isn't that serious, it just makes him "look bad".) Told him lots of junk about me and things from the distant past, too, and how he thought that I wasn't serious about the divorce. Thankfully my son has already heard the truth about all of it from me and wasn't shaken by it.

On Saturday, poor ole dad called oldest son to his car and handed him a piece of paper, explaining that it was 'just in case something happened' and 'you never know when you might need to know these things'. It was a list of some of his "friends" that owe him money. Jackass!!

Whew...I feel better now! I am so thankful to have this place! In my other life I would have not hung up the phone before I called exah and kept the old drama ball rolling right along!

Ain't recovery just grand?????

Love you guys!!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

our son really did do well - wow, not asking for anyone to help him out...That's huge for a college aged kid! I love your reaction too; I'll bet it made a very positive impact.

It really is nice to have a place to dump the stuff and move on...SR and all the folks here are the best!

Hugs
Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Vent away. I find it always helps.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You can be proud of both your boys for seeing through their dad and knowing the truth.

I think they take after you...they have learned from the best and now it shows.

Hugs
Old 09-25-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you handled everything so good & i know you are proud of both boys,you have every right to be.hugs,
Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((hugs Jen))