Notices

confessions etc.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

confessions etc.

Confession time for me o tomorrow night at my fist meeting after slipping, I had 47 days …..anyway..I am wondering and of course am nervous regards fessing up in front of the grp.s I go to…do I just raise my hand and offer up my name, when they ask who is in their first 30 days of sobriety? Or, just await a chance to share and do it then?…..just pondering these choices…I am going to be somewhat scared and baleful no matter which way I go… .guess I am just trolling for reassurance etc etc… thx to all…
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

do what will help you in your recovery.

hugs and reassurance, k
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I believe in standing up and announcing yourself as a newcomer again. To me it seems like a great way to be honest with yourself and your group. And remember, the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking, you're always welcome to come back. What feels right to you, Carl?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At least your going back.

But yeah, raise your hand, take your chip, and take one until you get another 30 days.

Like I said, at least you ain't out there still. Worse things could happen then getting your pride hurt a little.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hmmmmn...brings me back to when I relapsed after four months. I wasn't brave enough to make a "public" announcement. What I did was get the group secretary aside in the kitchen and ask her to change my sobriety date. That I remember, because I can still feel what a humbling experience it was. Other than that, I probably let it be known at the discussion meetings...something like, "My name is Rae, and I'm just coming back." Thank goodness, that was the only relapse thus far...27 years ago.

Don't know what the customs are in California, or even in Jersey these days. Some things do change over the years. Good luck with continued sobriety, Carl!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

Thank you all…

Astro well, what feels right is the hardest naturally hahaha…I think I should stand up as do the newcomer announcement ..and perhaps add in what nonny said about ‘coming back” so to speak….

GP thank you….I knew I screwed up the very minute I did what I did, I had actually planned it so to speak…but thankfully it never occurred to me to not come back…I used the excuse that my father was coming from the east coast and we were going to meet and talk, for the first time in 15 years…he drinks, so I joined him in drinking..I didn’t have the strength not to and frankly he’s a real hard person to be around……my excuse sux, my lack of will sux…I am going back and starting again, because I k now it’s the only way …I have to keep going forever…
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I had actually planned it so to speak…
Yeah...no one is ever suddenly struck drunk...and, truth be known, we're just looking for an excuse to drink, because we know there isn't any good reason.

Personally, I hadn't really accepted my alcoholism. Fortunately for me, my 16-year-old daughter walked in on me, poured the rest of the bottle out, called my sister, and they got me back into detox.

I'm grateful the relapse didn't last long for either of us, Carl. Back to basics, friend.