Notices

I'm new, and really scared

Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm new, and really scared

Hello,

I just found out that my older sister is in rehab for an addiction to pain killers. I thought she was going because of depression, but she's been trying to get away from there and so I found out. They didn't tell me because I'm a chronic worrier and I tend to worry myself sick about things.
It was her choice to go in the first place but soon after my mother left she began calling, wanting to be picked up again. Now she's been calling others and making up lies to try and get people to come get her. My mother has begged her to stay and give it some more time- she hasnt even been there a full day, because she arrived 2:30 this morning. But she's an adult and if she decides to leave they can't stop her. I'm so scared and worried and lost right now. This really has me very depressed as well as my mother .

I just really need some support and encouragement. And I found this forum by doing a google search and I hope I'm posting in the right place.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dreamdancer,

Welcome and yes, this is a good place to post.

I am sorry about your sister and I understand your concern, but you know that this is something she will have to deal with herself. Of course, your support will help, but it's not up to you to convince her to stay. Try to breathe and have faith that things will work out as they should.

If you like you can check out our forums for Friends and Families, on this board.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Is your sister the sort of person that would consider to post here if you asked her dreamdancer?

Just thinking maybe she could benefit from posting here too - provided she wanted to of course...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

I am glad you're here..A lot of folks come here for support about their relatives who suffer with addiction...

There is info, support and wisdom here...Welcome!

keep posting...things do get better..Families hurt too...It's ok to let yourself hurt sometimes..But things do get better...

take care
Old 09-21-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you posted. Welcome to our recovery community. I will post the link for the Friends and Families section. I'm glad your sister has her family's support.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome dreamdancer, I hope you like it here!

As suggested, please check out the Friends And Families forums. Have you and your Mom considered a support group such as Al-Anon, Alateen, Nar-Anon, or Families Anonymous? Many of us need as much support in recovery as possible. Please reach out for help if you can.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome dd