Question, Ladies

Old 05-30-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Question, Ladies

Am I being codependent and too pushy if I call the AA down in TX where my brother is in jail and see if they will give him a visit? Or would it be "healthier" to back off and wait for him to make the first call? He went years ago and did so well. I am learning newdetails about his suicide attempt and I think he needs to be in a hospital not jail. What would you ladies do? Appreciate any suggestions! Thanks again.

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie
Old 05-30-2003, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

2stop,

My experience is that they may not even talk to you. I have considered this for my son too, so I don't think you are thinking wrong. If I think it...how can it be wrong??

My son is in jail and I was told he could request literature from the chaplin and he did. He got a 12 &12 and 4th edition BB...I am sure the services would be available for your brother too. Again I doubt if the jail would provide help if he does not ask. I was not allowed to drop off literature but I think I could mail it. Maybe that is something you could do.

I personally don't think it would hurt anything to try. But watch getting your hopes up. You know all too well that HE is the one who has to want it.

Hugs,
JT
Old 05-30-2003, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning Tammie,
I don't think that reaching out to your brother is codependent behavior. I think it might be helpful if someone in recovery would visit him. Then after you make the contact with the AA group you can try to let go of the results. It would be codependent to try to "force" this alliance. If it happens, great, if not, perhaps his higher power has another plan for him. Perhaps your idea is the plan. I say take a chance. I am sure the others will be by with helpful insight. Have a goof Friday and keep the faith.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thanks JT and Rose,

I knew you guys would understand! I guess now that I am in recovery for my own addictions too I want to do everything "right" I know!LOL! Can't be done! But do we sure try, huh? I appreciate your advice so much and I hope you all have a good day!!

Many hugs and hope too
Tammie