more changes

Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
full of hope

more changes

Okay, because apparently I didn't have enough changes taking place in my life this year, I quit my job today.

I had a very nice (but very stressful) government job and my boss was a nightmare and my now exah(that's the first time I've said that) frequents my office for his job and so, I just walked in and told them I'd finish the month and I quit.

Funny thing, I'm not really as freaked out as I thought I would be. I have a little money saved up and I need some sleep in a bad way. So, October 1 I'm sleeping in.

I guess I'll figure the rest out after that.

I don't know what is with me and all these changes. Really, I don't like change.
Is this just part of the codie-recovery process--learning to deal and handle life?? It's wearing me out!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

(((Chero))) I'm so sorry your having a rough time. It kind of seems to all come at once doesn't it? Just think, you'll get time to relax and rest and there will be a much better job out there for you when your ready Enjoy your time off.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Could you see about a transfer to another area?
May find a job that is less stress and still keep the benefits that a gov job gains you.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

everything happens for a reason... and that reason might be that there's another amazing job just waiting for you to come snatch it up!

you're definitely doing a great job at handling whatever comes your way, so give yourself a pat on the back!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

You quit?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was thinking along the same lines as Best. If your boss is a nightmare is there a Human Resources manager you can talk to about your situation? HR might know about another position you can transfer into with less stress and no exah.

Your post touched me because I have a job dilemma myself and I've wanted to walk out the door so many times, but I get along good with my manager. It's the leadership of one person under the manager that makes life a daily living nightmare for me. My manager is aware of the problem and setting me up with lots of training so I can move up into a better position being more protected from the politics and power trips. It seems like when some people get a little position/power they abuse it, yet their cunning enough not cross the lines far enough to get themselves caught or fired. If it wasn't for my manager having somewhat of a clue of what's going on I too would quit and look elsewhere.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ICU

Sometimes we all need a fresh start....whatever that might entail! Good for you for reviewing the situation and making a change accordingly!!! ;-)

P.S.: I've noticed that my recovery is much like dominoes...when I fix one area of my life, it automatically leads me to the next area that needs my attention so that I can review and fix that one as well, and so on, and so on.

Last edited by ICU; 09-20-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
full of hope

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian View Post
You quit?
I know! I'm still surprised this morning. But I feel good about it. I'm giving up some great benefits but it's the right thing to do. Like InThisForMe said, I know something better is out there for me.

Originally Posted by ICU View Post
Sometimes we all need a fresh start....whatever that might entail! Good for you for reviewing the situation and making a change accordingly!!! ;-)
A fresh start! That is exactly what I need. And it beats the alternative I was contemplating...running away!

My problem now will be dealing with the guilt I feel over leaving everyone in a bind at the ofc. You know, guilt keeps my good, little codie-heart beating.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by chero View Post
…I feel good about it.
Perhaps that’s a sign that you made the right decision!?!? ;-)

Originally Posted by chero View Post
My problem now will be dealing with the guilt I feel over leaving everyone in a bind at the ofc.
People leave jobs everyday. They have ample notice so they can begin planning. Don’t worry, they’ll take care of what they need to do.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
full of hope

You know what I think it is...about the guilt I mean...I hate the thought that people might talk about me behind my back when I'm gone. I hate that. That's so rude.

Good grief, I crack myself up! I guess it shouldn't matter...I won't be there!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ICU

You know Chero, they might be saying "wow! Look at that girl go. She's making terrific changes in her life. I wish I could be as brave as she is"!

Talking about someone isn't always negative, 'ya know? You could be someone's inspiration for making changes in their own lives, don't 'ya think? ;-)
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Hi Chero,
It was great to read this post. Its great to hear that you are now moving forward in leaps and bounds. Good on ya girl!!! and enjoy yourself.
Jo
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Is this just part of the codie-recovery process--learning to deal and handle life?? It's wearing me out!!!
Yup uh huh! Us codie's have a hard time with change-but I have to say much like the profound statement below that ICU made -once we start in one area as hard as it maybe to us-we take care of what we can the rest falls into place! It is an amazing feeling. I have learned now that when things come crashing down like a dominoe effect I need to do what I can to change what I can and let go and let my HP do the rest!

ICU
P.S.: I've noticed that my recovery is much like dominoes...when I fix one area of my life, it automatically leads me to the next area that needs my attention so that I can review and fix that one as well, and so on, and so on.
Chero the strength that you have given yourself over the past few months has been an amazing gift to yourself! I'm very proud of you-keep up the good work!

Try to see as was stated above if you can get a transfer! I know someone that works for the state here and they have offered them 2 different locations to work at!

Sleep is good!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow! Good for you. I got called into a conference room 12/01 and told I could either take a lesser job or severance. After 20 years, I said "see ya!" and never looked back. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

You've taken a big step and you now have big opportunities in front of you. Good luck in making the most of them!!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Really, I don't like change.
Hahahahahahahahahaha,,,Really Sista,,you don't LIKE change?!?!?!?

I think your "core" likes it just fine,,,

Don't you "get it"?!?!?! It's part of the "journey" you embarked upon? The one focused on YOU!!!

We have been "conditioned" for so long, we became complacent (don't ya HATE that word?!?!?) and ACCEPTED the routine. As dysfunctional as it was!!! In our "disease" it was all we knew and it kept us "safe". From FACING ourselves!!!In a weird freakin way, it kept us at peace, because we KNEW what to expect.

I know for me, the FIRST change was the hardest. Even though it was GOOD for me, it felt "unnatural". But I focused on the goal, head down, plow forward and when I lifted my head and reached it, it EMPOWERED me!!!! I felt like I had scaled Kilimingaro!!! I wanted MORE

And so, apparently, do you,,,

I never thought I would tell someone who quite their job and didn't have another one, GOOD FOR YOU!!! But Sista, you been working hard, you DESERVE a rest. Take some of that time to continue your journey,,,

Peace
Old 09-20-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If your glad, I'm glad. I do think that you should have checked for a transfer or maybe taken a leave of absence until you are rested. This is a big decision. I try never to make major life changes when I am tired. Good Luck.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I envy you! What a great plan...that's probably one of the best things you can do for yourself to help the healing. Move forward with a well rested and stronger physical body and a stronger emotional state and the world is your oyster! I too believe everything happens for a reason...but I also belieive that our lives are within our own control...it is what we make it...rest up and forge forward. You have plenty of experience and strength to move on to bigger and better! YOU GO GIRL!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I say go for it! I am envious of you. We tend to get 'trapped' by the so-called security of jobs instead of looking for that thing that stirs our passion and makes us feel alive. I, for one, and making a plan to do just what you did. I would have done it already if I didn't have children to support. The world is your oyster, Chero. Go out there and find out what you were meant to do with your life. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

Wow, theotherone, we were posting at the same time. Great minds think alike???????
Old 09-20-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

wow chero! the way i see it is this way.......you were unhappy with your job. you have learned through recovery that you no longer have to accept the unnacceptable, and you made a big change.....you quit a job that was unnacceptable to you.

i see it as growth. and i'm glad you are feeling okay with it now. you will find another job that suits you and your needs, no doubt.

enjoy your break, and best of luck finding that job that will suit you better.

hugs to you
jeri