Each day a new beginning 9/19

Old 09-19-2007, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Each day a new beginning 9/19

Everyday I read several daily readingd. Todays touched me and I thought Id share

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

...concern should drive us into action and not into depression.
--Karen Horney

The role of victim is all too familiar to many of us. Life did us injustices - we thought. And we passively waited for circumstances to change. With the bottle we waited, or maybe the little white pills. Nothing was our fault. That we were willing participants to victimization is an awareness not easily accepted, but true nonetheless.

Victims no more, we are actors, now. And since committing ourselves to this program, we have readily available a willing and very able director for our role in life. Every event invites an action, and we have opted for the responsible life.

Depression may be on the fringes of our consciousness today. But it need not become our state of mind. The antidote is and always will be action, responsible action. Every concern, every experience wants our attention, our active attention.

Today stretches before me, an unknown quantity. Concerns will crowd upon me, but guidance regarding the best action to take is always available to me.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One of the things that has become increasingly clear to me since my divorce is that I no longer have anyone to blame but myself if I am unhappy. I didn't realize how often I was a victim of my own inaction.

Babs