Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Questons about Company Policy, or Laws regarding drug use at work.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

A few days ago I posted about a girl at work who is fast becoming the poster child for Evil CoWorkers. She is fairly young, but bright and capable. She was promoted on her capabilities and we all felt very good about her. Since her promo, she has been on a power trip from hell. You can read that post for more info if you like.
I have had enough of her behavior, but as we all know, office politics and company policies get in the way of flat out firing her.

I had learned months ago that this girl pilfers through everything and found the personell files, went through them all and now knows how much every single person in the store makes. I notified the manager and he basicly did nothing except hide the key.
I am her manager. The boss thinks she is the greatest thing since pockets on a shirt because of her being so capable of handling work load.

OK, Today I get a complaint from a worker hired a month ago. I purposely made sure that this employee's files were confidential after the pilfering incident.

This supervisor from hell badgered this employee to tell her how much she was being paid. This employee felt scared to death for her job because of the supervisors relentless questioning about her pay.

I documented and sent it to the store manager.

Please take note that I am asking this in this forum because of the fact that 2000.00 is missing out of our safe with no resolution in 3 weeks. This girl suddenly is acting like a crazy person. Like she's on speed or cocaine. Everyone in the store is noticing and thinking the same thing. It can't be proved because we don't do drug testing.

Now, I ask you if you were the store manager, what would you do?
What are the policies of your workplace regarding drug use or proving someone's high if they're suspected?

I know full well what I would do if I were given the power. But it's up to the store manager. I have to be careful not to upset the apple cart when it comes to the store manager.
I am 3rd in line in my store.
I have pages of documentation.

Even with all the alanon in me, I am beginning to stress out over this.
I just need some feedback!

Last edited by Wascally Wabbit; 09-18-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are smart to document everything that you can. Like I said on your last post...I think she is having a little coke with her lunch. I told my daughter about this and she said coke will turn her into a superstar at work. Too bad your company doesn't drug test. Do they have a suggestion box?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

when I was a manager,
one verbal warning with a document signed by employee that conversation had taken place(regardless of what it was, behavior, proffesionalism, policy, ect)
two written warnings again signed by employee ( one regular written one with a days suspension without pay)
third time is being fired