Waterfalls….

Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waterfalls….

Thought I would share... Maybe help someone who felt like I did today...

We all have seen waterfalls. Today I listened to the song by Jim Brickman called Waterfalls. As I listened it reminded me of very important life lesson. I think my life right now is like a waterfall. I am ever changing. Some days I am running with full steam, crashing into the sea below. Falling so hard on my face into the sea below where God lays below. He mixes in with me. Picks me up and carries me on my way. Into a ocean where the waves are wild and high. I slowly land on shore where I am gently pulled back by God and carried on my way to another destination. I never know where I am going. Every turn a surprise. I am like water.. Sometimes I am beautiful, sometimes I am messy but I never know what the outcome may be but I am always pulled back when I hit shore or gently mixed in with that high power that has saved me from my own self destruction.

Funny… Just when I felt like total crap a simple song with no words said so much to me. Funny how God speaks when we are not even trying to listen. I was lost today and in a song he sung the most beautiful words and he helped me see that I am not crashing today I am just simply being carried gently to my next destination and I am going to be just fine.

Thank you…

-Broken
Old 09-18-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a lovely thought, Broken. I agree that God speaks and works in mysterious ways, sometimes through music or others or something we "happen" to read.

Hugs
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

BB,

I'm late in reading this, but it's beautiful. I love how my HP can speak to me thru so many ways - in nature, in other people, music, in something I've read 100 times but THIS time a special word or phrase jumps out at me...

I like your analogy of the waterfall. You have a nice way with words.

Hugs

Cats
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Broken
Yes God does communicate differently with each individual. My son died last May and I thought that I never would be able to talk to him again or see him. It took a wile for me to notice but Trey is in every raindrop that lands on my face. When the sun rises he is there saying good morning Mom. when thereis a special shape of a cloud that would be Trey painting me picture. If you choose to look God is everywhere talkingto you or communicating in some way. I look every day and i find Trey's handiwork in so many things. I just have to look...............Viki
Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear