The Power Of Positive Thinking

Old 05-29-2003, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

The Power Of Positive Thinking

Is Your Cup Half Full or Half Empty?

If you approach each day with a smile, see the goodness in people, and make lemonade out of lemons, then you are a "half-full person." You don't care if it's going to rain because the clouds are so beautiful. If you're stuck in traffic, you enjoy the music or your passenger's company. But if you approach your day with a negative attitude and notice or experience more bad than good, then your approach is half empty. You are your own worst enemy: you sabotage your own fun and your own joy of life. So cut it out. Retrain yourself to notice only the good things in any situation until you rid yourself of this horrible habit. Don't be a dream killer . . . for yourself or anyone else.

Let Yourself Be Happy. Count Your Blessings Every Day.
There is always someone else worse off than you. Look around you: your life is full of blessings. Make a list of things you are thankful for: your sight, health, family, food, shelter, a pet, your kids, friends, a good book. If you could even get out of bed this morning, then you are blessed. Do not take all this good fortune for granted. Be thankful for all these blessings. (JE)

Use Positive Language. Think Positive Thoughts....

Try not to use negative words too much like hate, disgusting, sick, ugly, etc." Notice how things have improved in the world, in your town, in your life. Look for beauty. Try not to be sarcastic. Sarcasm is a "put-down"of something or someone. The way you act in the world is basically a habit. You can retrain your behavior and your thinking, and you will benefit by doing so. Being considerate, kind, and positive is contagious and worth the investment.

What You Give Is What You Get....

If you give love and kindness to others, you will probably find yourself overflowing with love and happiness. But if you give bitterness, cynicism, and negativity, that is what you will attract. In the mirror of life, you are reflected back, so let your goodness shine out.

Notice the Positive Side of Life....

Even though we are surrounded with love and positive things every day, the negative side of life seems to get a lot more publicity. Too many negative images sap us of our optimism. So don't make a constant diet of negative people, newscasts, angry music, violent movies, and conflict. (Kids do not benefit from watching too many news shows and violence on TV.) Surround yourself with happy, positive people and situations whenever you can.

Be Funny. Laugh. Laugh Out Loud.
Laugh at yourself. Send funny cards to people. Watch funny movies. Enjoy yourself and have some fun (just not at anyone's expense). Laughter can cure what ails you and make life fun. It's very good medicine.

Sing Out Loud. Dance Wacky. Get Moving.
Kids love this one! Turn on some upbeat, peppy music nice and loud. Disney movie soundtracks and oldies are great for this; anything you know the words to. Not only will you release a lot of stress, you'll get your exercise, too.

Smile at Strangers and at Yourself.
Everyone is attracted to happy people. They make us feel better. You can be one of those people. You'll cheer up both yourself and those around you. Besides, frowning makes wrinkles.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Prettywoman...

I had a really rotten day today but these made me smile. I already copied them and will read them again first thing tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is a new day!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Liked this post a lot! I noticed the other day I was reading one of my messages and I felt a big ole grin spread across my face! OMG..I thought , the mold is breaking!! It felt so good to really smile and it not be the fake, "I'm smiling cause I have to be nice" kind of smile. Thanks for posting this and reminding us that we CAN choose to smile, laugh and be cheerful from the heart, we might have to force it at first but it comes naturally again when we realize we don't have to be SO SERIOUS all the time!!!

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie