Hi Everyone

Old 09-15-2007, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would give you an update...I am not to sure of all the details but my exah was arrested in the City that he was living in and is now in Jail and being held there until the 24th of Sept for his sentencing day in court. I knew there was a warrant out for him for failing to appear in court for stealing gas.

I am relieved that he is in jail, safe from himself and not living on the streets. One thing that I am wondering about and maybe someone here might know....he was picked up for shoplifting last year in a grocery store, they referred to that as Theft. He stole gas from a gas station and they refer to that as robbery...not sure what the difference is. I guess really it should not be really any concern of mine, but with the theft he just received a $300 fine.

I am still dating the same fellow and as I had posted before, I had this real wall up, but slowly I am letting myself feel feelings again. As time goes by I see a little more more of the type of person he is...I observe from the background. He kids are all in their 20's but he calls them twice a week just to see how they are and how there day was and he always tells them that he loves them before he hangs up. We went to see his dad and before we left he had told his dad 5 times that he loved him. A real dedicated family man and that gives me some comfort and peace inside. Something that has been none existent inside of me for a longtime and the sad part of it is you are afraid to let yourself feel. I guess though it must be human nature and the minds way of protection.

Rose
Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rose, I've been thinking of you and I am glad all is well and you are gradually starting to feel again. I agree that sometimes this is the minds way of protecting ones self. But your good strong recovery can help you find a way to gradually build trust and enjoy all the many emotions we are blessed with. I think you have the right idea...easy does it.

At least in the states, theft is unlawful taking of something while robbery is taking by force...whether hurting someone or just making them fear harm. Robbery is generally a more serious offense than theft. I too am glad your ex is safe for today.

Thanks for checking in and I hope all continues to move in a positive direction. Your friend sounds like a wonderful man and he is lucky to have you in his life! Hugs
Old 09-15-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rose, this new fellow sounds like a prince. Anyone who loves their family and is comfortable telling them he loves them, already shines in my book.

Good to hear from you.

Hugs
Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Still learning...and seeking!

Rose,
Greet gave a good definition of the two. My thought is: He may have been "overcharged" with the robbery...but may be able to plead to the lesser "theft".
Overcherging is common!

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Lena
Old 09-18-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You were right Greet, what I found out was if someone comes by and grabs your purse and runs off that is theft, if they say give me your purse or I am going to do this or that to you (harm) that is robbery.

Rose