A Reminder from HP

Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

A Reminder from HP

This was posted on the boards awhile ago at a time when I really needed to hear it. For reasons not directly related to addiction, but certainly related to my codie ways, my HP helped me to find it amidst my many folders this morning...Not looking for it, it just found me.

I thought perhaps there were others who might appreciate it. I have the tendency to do the last thing...feel stronger then try to take back all the worries I gave to my HP. It gets me back to those dark places each and every time. Yesterday I spent too much time beating myself up for that. Today I can see progress, not perfection. At least I recognize it must faster than I used to and I stand up again and brush myself off.

Hugs

MEMO FROM YOUR HIGHER POWER:

Effective immediately, please be aware that there are changes you need to make in your life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill my promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you.

1. QUIT WORRYING

Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here to take all your burdens and carry them for you? Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little thing that comes your way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST
Something needs done or taken care of. Put it on the list. No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-list! . Let ME be the one to take care of the problem. I can't help you until you turn it over to me. And although my to-do-list is long, I am after all, God. I can take care of anything you put into my hands. In fact, if the truth were ever really known, I take care of a lot of things for you that you never even realize.

3. TRUST ME
Once you've given your burdens to me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on my list. Problem with finances? Put it on my list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For my sake, put it on my list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE
Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well,! I'm feeling much stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave me your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I give you these problems back, you will be right back where you started? Leave them with me and forget about them. Just let me do my job.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by greeteachday View Post
3. TRUST ME
Once you've given your burdens to me, quit trying to take them back. Trust in me. Have the faith that I will take care of all your needs, your problems and your trials. Problems with the kids? Put them on my list. Problem with finances? Put it on my list. Problems with your emotional roller coaster? For my sake, put it on my list. I want to help you. All you have to do is ask.
Thanks, greet. He was talking to me here.....

(((hugs)))
Old 09-14-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks Greet. This is one memo I needed to get today!

It's going into my files. For some reason, I'm sure I'll need to refer to it again... sigh...

Cats
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Greet, Were you talking to me?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

this is great, thanks I needed reminding
Old 09-14-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks
susan
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Oh, thanks, Greet! I really needed to read that today. We need these reminders every once in a while.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great reminder for me too Greet ... most everything I've ever let go has incriminating claw marks where I've tried to snatch it back.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Ahhhhhh, thanks!!! Needed that. Funny isn't it. Just when I think he's not listening...something happens that tells me...it won't be in my time....but will happen when it's best for me
Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

My Mom and I just had a conversation sort of along these lines tonight.

You know.. this faith stuff.. it ain't easy sometimes!

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ummm, I was just sitting here, preparing to get myself worked up into a frenzy over things I can't control, and I figured I'd check into SR for some support ... and here's this thread.
Your HP really does give you what you need when you need it! And He usually uses awesome folks like you to deliver the message. Thanks, Greet! You made my day!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Thanks ((( Greeet ))) Your recovery shines so honestly and brightly for all of us.