Notices

Newbie here

Old 09-14-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie here

Good Morning all! I am new to this board and very excited to have found it. My name is Dawn and I have been sober for 3 months. My drunk log is long and painful, thankfully the person I hurt the most was me. I found in the beginning of this journey I tended to romance alcohol, as if it was a old friend...kwim? I have FINALLY accepted that I can NEVER drink again, and I am ok with it. I no longer feel sorry for myself and the fact I can't drink.... I drank enough in the last 10 years to last a life time! I attend AA, 90 meetings in 90 days. Last night another AA member said to me "MY God, You look like a shiny new penny." It hit me right then......Sobriety rocks!!! NOTHING will ever get better if I pick up just one drink. We all know the story...one is too many 70 is not enough. I still have alot of work to do...I need to repair relationships, and forgive myself...BUT the only thing I need to do today is not drink! I am looking forward to getting to know the wonderful people on this board, I am excited about walking this road side by side with you all! Thanks for listening!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's so nice to hear your story, bugsworth. i love the "shiny penny" analogy. please stick around and keep posting. your experience, strength, and hope is SHINING!

blessings, k
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR! Glad that you found us! I too love that "Shiny Penny" analogy! Keep shining!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Dawn! Well done on your sober time, and on seeing the promises begin to come true in your life! I'm so glad you found us.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sr...

Hi,

I love your positive feelings about sobriety...

You can do this!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad you are here..and great job on your clean time.

AND...

Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello....Welcome to SR!

Rock On!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FINALLY FREE

Welcome And Congrats
Youll Find Lots Of Great People You Can Talk To Here. I Know I Did.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

welcome!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome. I too did my 90 in 90. Actually about 200 in 90. I too love being clean and sober. It rocks! Sobriety date is 1-17-07. I am riding the pink cloud ;P

Old 09-14-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dawn,

What a wonderful post!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Dawn. Nice to meet you.

Welcome to SR and good luck!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Dawn - Thanks for the great post...very inspirational! Will look forward to hearing more from you!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Dawn, I am Martin an alcoholic, I use SR as a supplement to AA, lots of good people here.

Congrats on your sobriety...... yes it does rock, it rocks BIG time, for me working the steps with a sponsor took me from being a sober drunk who was miserable as hell to a person who is happy, joyous, & Free!!! I could care less if I ever had another drink, the urge/need to drink was lifted from me thanks to working the steps.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I am so looking forward to having another support group in addition to AA.

When I finally entered AA I was desperate. I knew I couldn't stop by myself...I had tried countless times...got some time, a month, a week, a holiday, a weekend...I was lying to myself again and again. My soul was crying everyday to be free of the bondage, the thing that I had depended on for so long to "help me" turned on me, and was relentless in its pursuit of my sanity. I swear I felt as if I was going insane...Thank God I never physically hurt anyone...I believe that only by the grace of God I was spared this horror. I thought about it all the time...and drank to forget it...to forget all of it...everything stupid I had done..BUT...I always managed to add more regrets to my already full plate. Talk about doing the same thing and expecting different results! I guaranteed by the simple act of not picking up that first drink, not waking up to another rum filled regret. I will always make mistakes, I am human, but my mistakes will all be sober ones...ones I will deal with but not be ashamed of. This is the way to freedom...don't drink no matter what!

Enough outta me!!! LOL Have a great day!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome bugs.. Good to have you on the board.. Good Peeps here.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome bugs you sound just like my bf he is in the program as well.....You have the same positive vibe and I love it!!!! (The deffinition of insanity is to repeate the same thing over and over and expect different resultes everytime! Only problem is you do it over and over the same way you get the same results!!!) I too am an alcoholic and I am so glad your here with us welcome to SR!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome bugs you sound just like my bf he is in the program as well.....You have the same positive vibe and I love it!!!! (The deffinition of insanity is to repeate the same thing over and over and expect different resultes everytime! Only problem is you do it over and over the same way you get the same results!!!) I too am an alcoholic and I am so glad your here with us welcome to SR!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Dawn, welcome to SR